Chapter 49

"Are you okay mom?" Izuki asks concerned as he continues to firmly hold his stance, eyes gazing back to look over at you. Nodding, you move your hands close to your chest while you observed the investigators around you, "I'm fine sweetie, thank you."

Looking over at Chiaki, he looks a little shaken up and scared but his protective stance has you calming down, it seems like he's been ready for a day like this. "Chiaki, are you hurt anywhere?" You ask observing his little form, checking for cuts or anything injury.

"I'm not hurt mom," Turning to look at you with his red and black ghoul eye; you give him a sad smile and nod.

Haise stood leaning over the railing with his heart beating quickly, what were they going to do to you? Were they going to kill Chiaki? Kill your family? Take you away? Shaking the negative thoughts from his mind, Haise ran down the stairs and squeezed through the crowd to reach you.

Akira looked down unphased from the scene displayed below her. Walking down the stairs quietly, she gestured the crowd to calm down as she made her way to the front beside Konoha, "What's the meaning behind this Konoha?"

"I was looking over security tapes to see if there were any ghouls who had sneaked in, low and behold, (F/N)'s child is a ghoul himself so I was able to capture him," Konoha said proudly as Akira looked at her before glancing at you and your children.

"(F/N)," Akira says taking a few steps closer to you, her heels clicking with each step. "This is a serious case and we cannot simply let this slide," Lowering your head, you step forward in front of Izuki and Chiaki, "Don't hurt them."

"A ghoul is a ghoul," Akira states and you clench your fists tightly beside you as you look up at her. "He's just a child!" Her eyes glance over towards you and she shifts onto one foot, "I know," You were taken by surprise from her answer. Akira takes a step closer, "I apologize for having to force them here with such harshness," Akira looks over her shoulder and glares at Konoha.

"What are you going to do with him? "You asked quietly as you look over at Akira with a pleading face. "I want to keep him here so we can run tests about ghouls, this will be very helpful information for us."

Your eyes widen in fear and Akira shakes her head at you, "I won't harm him in any way. Just like Haise, we will test their digestion, their strength and observe their kagune and such," Akira informs which helps you relax.

"Will he be able to live with me still?"

"Just bring him in every other day with you to work and that should be fine," You sigh relieved and throw your arms around Akira. Everyone around gasping from your sudden affection towards Akira. "Thank you so much."

-

You had never been happier to be home with your family after almost losing them. Akira scolded Konoha for forcefully taking children from their homes and Akira forced her to apologize to you and the children.

But something ran around on your head that confused you; what did Akira mean when she said 'just like Haise?' Walking over to your boyfriend, you sat on the bed and let out a sigh before confronting him, "Hey, Haise?"

"What is it love?" He says with a cheery smile as he turns around from changing into a more comfortable shirt. "Akira said that 'just like Haise, we will test their digestion, their strength and observe their kagune', what is she talking about?"

Haise's smile didn't move from his face but his eyes looked around nervously. His hands came up and he twiddled his thumbs a little before looking at you, "Well, there's something I've been keeping from you,"

Eyes widening from the sudden surprise, you narrow them again before leaning on your elbows, "Haise," your firm voice caused Haise to straighten his back. Sighing, he walked over to sit beside you on the bed, leaning on his elbows.

"I'm part ghoul also. I don't know how or when, but I'm the mentor for the Quinx squad who are artificial ghouls." Haise dropped his head lower in disappointment. "I'm sorry I've never told you. I was scared you wouldn't like me anymore."

It was silent in the room, all you could hear was Chiaki and Izuki outside in the living room chatting away. Letting out a sigh, you reach over to place your hand over his, "I wouldn't have cared either way,"

Looking over at you, Haise enveloped you into a tight hug with his head in your shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

-

Picking up your ringing cell phone from the nightstand beside your bed, you answered it and placed it by your ear, "Hello?"

"(F/N)? Are you and the boys okay? I heard the news, I hope you're alright." You perked up from the familiar voice but followed after with a smile. "We're fine Kaneki, thank you for checking up on us."

Kaneki smiled with a relieved sigh, "Thank goodness," Your mouth opened to say something but you covered your mouth with your hands and ran to the bathroom. Kaneki heard your loud footsteps and soon began to worry, "(F/N)? Are you okay? (F/N)?"

Holding your hair back, you leaned over the toilet bowl with an upset stomach. What in the world was happening?