Chapter 20

"Thank you so much Fueguchi-san, I owe you so much." You state as you slightly bowed at her, thanking her for taking in Izuki and Chiaki for the night. She smiled and waved her hands in front of her, "Oh, it's a pleasure! You're kids are adorable anyways! Be safe on your mission!"

You bent down and kissed each of the small boys on their foreheads. "Be good to Fueguchi-san okay? I'll be back later." A frown was present on their faces as they nodded. "I love you mommy!" Chiaki exclaimed as he buried himself in your chest.

Your brows arched as you gave the two young boys a hug, "I love you both too. I gotta go now, be good." Chiaki began to sob silently, Izuki holding his hand to make him feel better. You smiled at the small gesture and left out the door.

"Are they okay?" Haise asked as he saw you shut the door to their house. You gave him a small smile and nodded. "They're fine."

"Don't think about it, we don't want that distracting you from the mission okay? And plus, you look really good in that uniform!" Haise stated, trying to lift up the sad atmosphere. You looked over at him and chuckled, a smile forming on his face.

"Thanks Haise. This uniform does make me feel a bit stronger. I mean, there is more protection on it than what I usually wear." You respond looking at your uniform. "Anyways, we should hurry up and get going. We don't want to miss anything."

Reaching the CCG, everybody who was attending the mission were all geared up and ready to go. You were really nervous going on your first important mission, but felt a lot better when you met with your small medic team.

It took an hour to reach the destination where the mission was held but you didn't mind the ride because you talked with the nurses that were going to help you.

"Wait! you have two kids?! You're so young!" One of the nurses aiding you exclaimed as the two of you were walking toward your base. You chuckled at her response, "My boys are my life." You reply with a smile.

When the two of you reached your small base, you began unpacking medical supplies to get yourselves ready for any injured. "(F/N)!" Hearing your voice you looked up and saw Haise jogging toward you.

"Oh, Haise!" You placed the box on the table and stood straight, greeting Haise as he stopped in front of the table blocking the two of you. "I just wanted to come see you before anything started."

You could see the one of the nurses watching the two of you from the corner of your eye. She was enjoying the small talk you and Haise were having.

Smiling and the multi colored hair male, you quickly ran your hand in the side of his hair, making his face slightly heat up. "You're sweet. Be safe then okay?"

Haise held your hand and squeezed it looking into your (Eye Color) eyes. "(F/N), are you a fruit?" You looked at him confused before your lips curled up into a smile. "Because honeydew you look fine tonight." You let out a chuckle before you slapped his arm gently with your free hand.

"Be safe, take care." Haise bent over the table to give your left cheek a kiss before he jogged back to where he was located. You smiled and continued to unbox the medical supplies.

-

About two hours into the mission a few people were already injured, luckily they all weren't life threatening injuries.

"There you go, that should do it. You should be fine now after that treatment." You state as you looked up at the investigator. They nodded and thanked you before running off to their base.

"(L/N)." You picked up your walkie talked and replied with a '(L/N) speaking.' The you and the other four nurses all got a walkie talkie to communicate with the leaders or higher ranked just incase they needed you to run back and forth.

"We need you to bring a medical kit and help out some of our injured here where the Quinx Squad is ." You nodded as you began packing a kit. "Alright, coming right now."

"I'm heading to help out some injured, take care here and be safe." You said to the other nurses as you ran out. Not too long after you made it to their small base and began tending to the injured. Since it was just you helping it did take a bit longer.

"I'm here to help." You state as you bent down and began working an an injured leg. You and the investigator made small talk as you helped them, until you both heard a loud yell.

"Ghouls are attacking the base!" You quickly tied the small wrap around their leg and turned your head to look at tall the investigators fighting off the ghouls, it made you worry for Haise a bit. But you saw Haise not to far away and he seemed to be able to withstand them. You stood up and helped the injured into a safer spot as they others were still fighting.

"That should be it, thank you (F/N). You may go back and help out at your medical base." One of the higher investigators said to you as you nodded and grabbed you kit. You nodded and waited a bit for the fighting to calm a bit before you began running back to the base.

"Watch out!" one of the nurses cried as you looked behind you. A ghoul was chasing you as they activated their kagune. Smashing their kagune onto the ground, it caused you to fly back and fall on the hard road.

You didn't have a quinque with you so all you could do was try to run back and continue dodging or run away and try to outrun them. Luckily you were able to dodge a lot of their attacks.

"Stay there!" You cried to the nurses as you ran a different direction leading the ghoul away from the medical team. "Stop running away~" The ghoul sang as you continued to run, avoiding the ghoul.

The kagune smashed the ground in front of you, causing you to trip over the broken pieces of the ground. Falling on the ground, you turned to look at the ghoul as your whole body shook in fear. There was nobody there to help.

the kagune came shooting at you, making you put up your arm for defense and squeezing your eyes tightly for the harsh pain to come at you. You felt nothing. Instead, you felt the wind in your hair and arms tightly secured around you, as if someone was carrying you.

'H-haise?' You thought as you opened your eyes. Shutting your eyes so tightly when you opened them it was slightly blurry. But as they regained their sight again, you noticed that it wasn't Haise.

"K-Kaneki?"