Chapter 2

Thank you for all of the lovely comments from the previous chapter! I always enjoy reading each comment and they make me laugh! Sorry if I don't reply to you! Just know that I do read all of them!

Again: I update every week, once a week!

--------------------

3 years later...

It was almost 10 AM and you rushed around the small apartment to get ready to go to your job. Even though you were a single mother, your job was pretty important. You worked in the CCG 20th Ward's Branch Office as a messenger person, running around to give or get letters, coffee, papers to other investigators.

Wearing a nice white button up shirt along with a pencil skirt, you made sure you looked presentable at your job, you needed the job to be able to support your small family. Fixing your hair the way you've always liked it, you grabbed your purse and kissed the top of your two son's forehead.

"Be good okay? I'll be back before dinner." They both nodded and as you covered the small sandwiches in plastic for their lunch, the doorbell rang and you ran over to open it, revealing your babysitter. "Good morning Hinami-chan!"

The brunette girl smiled and entered the small apartment as you stepped aside for her. Taking her shoes off, she walked over to the two small boys in the living room her were playing with their toys contentedly.

"Okay Hinami-chan, I made them some sandwiches for lunch, milk and juice is in the fridge, need anything call me okay?" You quickly explain as you place your feet into your small kitty heels, adjusting them.

"Of course! Have a good day (L/N)-san!" She chirped as she waved goodbye before you closed the door behind you.

Walking towards the train station, you took out your train card and swiftly slid it through the slot allowing you to pass and find your train. Looking around the signs, you found your train and quickly got on and to your luck, you found a seat near the doors.

As the train slowly took off, you looked outside the window at the warm and bright Tokyo weather. The sky was blue and the sun was out, making the atmosphere a little but better. A few minutes later, the train reached the station and you got off, walking a few short blocks to the CCG.

Enter the building you, you were greeted by the staff in the front desk. "Good morning (L/N)-san!" You smiled and replied back with a 'good morning'. "Oh (L/N)-san, Shinohara-san said to stop by his office this morning."

Nodding, you took your badge out of your purse and hung it around your neck as you walked up the stairs to Shinohara's office. As you passed all the different offices, you stopped in front of Shinohara's and knocked softly.

"Shinohara-san? It's (L/N)." A few seconds later, Shinohara opened the door and stepped aside for you to enter the room. "You needed me?"

"Yes, can you take these papers over to Amon's office for me? Suzuya and I are going to lunch together later so I have to work on these papers so I don't have time to give them to him."

"Of course!"

"Thank you very much." You smiled and shut the door behind you before you walked over Amon's office and handed him the papers, saying that they were from Shinohara. Spending the next few hours running errands for the busy investigators, Akira stopped you asking for a request.

"(L/N)-san, can you go get me coffee from :re? One latte and one frappe? " She swiftly requested as she organized multiple papers into different folders, labeled as "Binge Eater" or "One Eyed Owl".

"Of course, should I bring them to your office?"

"Yes please." With her answer, you turned over to the main lobby doors and stepped outside into the bright Tokyo day. Soft winds were blowing that helped with the warm weather. With the click of your heels, you walked over to the :re cafe a couple blocks down.

With time to spare before you got to the cafe, you took your phone out and decided to give Hinami a call to check in on Chiaki and Izuki. "Hello?"

"Ah Hinami? I'm just checking in on the boys, are they behaving well?" You asked as you turned the corner.

"Very behaved. I just put Chiaki down for a light nap and Izuki is eating his sandwich right now. Here say hi Izuki." Shuffling was heard before a small "Hi mom." was heard through the phone. Your smile grew bigger as you heard his small soft voice.

"Thanks Hinami, I'm so glad to have you as a babysitter. Well, I have to go now. Again, call me if you have any problems. I'll be home in a couple of hours." Ending the call, you put your phone back in your purse and entered the cafe :re.

"Welcome~" A voice greeted as you walked toward the counter. Looking up, you came face to face with a violet haired woman who was smiling at you. "What can I help you with?"

"Can I get one latte and one frappe to go please?"

"Sure thing." Exchanging Yen, you waited to the side a she made the coffee for you. A couple of minutes later she handed the coffee to you and you thanked her before walking out of the cafe to Akira's office.

-

"I'm home!" Opening the door to your apartment, you walked inside and was greeted with Chiaki and Izuki running to your legs, hugging you. Bending down you kissed the tip of their heads and lightly gestured them to go back to the living room as you chatted with Hinami.

"Oh (L/N)-san, I have something important to tell you." Hinami leaned closer to you as you were all ears to hear what she had to say. "Izuki's been acting up a bit lately. Nothing bad but he's been a little less talkative and a little less active. He said it's because you're never home to spend time with him and Chiaki."

You looked at Hinami with a sad expression and thanked her for the information. "I'll ask for a break tomorrow, thank you again for that. Enjoy your day off tomorrow okay?" She nodded and waved to you before she left the apartment.

You'd never think Izuki would get sad without you home with him, but after rethinking, you did realize that he'd always enjoy your company whenever you were home. Guilt squeezed your heart, you just wanted to afford to live together with your kids that you haven't stayed home with them in a while.

Dialing the number to the office, you quickly asked for a day off to spend it with your kids.

"Of course you can (L/N)-san," The girl at the head desk replied. "You've been working everyday, i've been wondering when you were going to take a break. Enjoy your day off tomorrow~" Putting your phone away you walked over to your two boys and sat down with them.

"Sweeties, guess what?"

"Hmm?" They both hummed as they looked at you.

"Mommy is taking the day off tomorrow to stay with you two."

Chiaki's eyes widened and Izuki gave you a small smile before they tackled you into a hug as chuckles and giggles were heard through the small apartment.