Chapter 36

This is so late! Ahhh, I'm sorry!

I know I always say I'll try to update sooner but it's even later now! My boss gave me more work days and hours so usually I'm always tired and I just want to rest.

Anyways, thank you so much for being patient with me and my work because I know it takes me forever to get a chapter down. Hopefully each chapter will be just as good as the one before. I'm really enjoying all the sweet comments you readers write for me, makes me super happy about writing.

I'm truly blessed with you amazing people, thank you so much <3

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Damn it," Haise cursed as he kicked a piece of debris from the ground. He was at the train where you were kidnapped but he hasn't found a single piece of information that could lead to you. "I'm just getting further from finding you."

Haise searched inside the train but couldn't find much because of the corpses that still lie on the ground that have still yet to be taken away. Haise sighed and walked down the aisle, but a small red cloth caught his attention. Walking closer towards the cloth, he noticed that it wasn't soaked in blood but just red and looked as if it was left there after the bodies were killed.

"But why would there be a random cloth here..." Haise noted to himself as he picked it up and looked around for clues. Trying to inspect it closer in detail, Haise had abruptly pulled it away because of the smell it had. "It smells like, chloroform?" Haise's eyes widened as he stared at the red cloth. "This is what they must have used on (F/N)!" Haise exclaimed to himself as he took the cloth and left to investigate further.

Running into his office at the CCG, Haise tried to look up different ghoul groups that could possibly have a connection to the red cloth. Multiple solutions came up, but nothing seemed to add up together. "There isn't anything about a red cloth anywhere. This was all probably just a random cloth that I had thought about to much.." Haise groaned as he sighed into his hands.

Looking back at his information, his eyes caught interest onto the name Deguchi Keishin; a ghoul that he had once learned about previously. Scrolling down on the profile that the CCG had made of him containing all the information they had of him.

Nothing seemed to fit in, until Haise's eyes caught on to a familiar red cloth that was tucked into his pocket. Haise was worried that it all could just be a coincidence but even if it was, he was going to take the chance. "Mostly seen around the 20th ward with his group at night roaming around, usually targets on women." Glancing at the time, Haise had a good couple hours until nightfall. "Hold on (F/N), I'll be there soon.

-

"Oba-chan, where is mommy?" Chiaki asked worriedly as he looked up at her with big eyes. "She hasn't come home yet, I miss her. Is mommy okay?" Oba-chan smiled at him and pushed his hair to the side just as you would do. "Mommy is just taking a little longer with Sasaki-san, that's all."

She couldn't break his little pure heart and tell him that his momma was missing. She knew Chiaki was a little momma's boy, she just had to help comfort him a little bit until you came back.

"Okay then," He replied with a little smile. "Can we call mommy then?" He chirped with big bright grey eyes. Izuki, laying down on the living room floor, looked up at Chiaki interested in what he had said. Standing up, he walked over to the two and looked at Oba-chan.

"I'm sorry Chiaki, she's a little busy at the moment. How about we try another time, yeah?" Chiaki's face fell with a little pout and he nodded. "Oh, okay then.." Oba-chan squeezed his little cheeks gently and before rubbing his back. "You'll be okay sweetie."

Chiaki walked into the living room and played with his toys a bit, still upset that he wasn't able to call you. But he told himself to be a big boy and suck up his tears. Oba-chan glanced at him time to time and saw him wiping away his small tears with his sleeves, truly a cutie pie.

"Izuki, what can I do for you?" Oba-chan asked as Izuki stood in front of her, looking at his small feet and playing with his hands. "I know that mom is missing, I saw the news one day." He replied with a scared and worried face. "What if mom never comes back?" He asks nearly in tears as Oba-chan gave him a hug, rubbing his back while he let out small sniffles.

"Oh deary, you shouldn't think like that. Your mommy is a strong woman, she can get herself through this. Plus, she has Sasaki-san who will help her. Isn't he a nice and strong man who loves her a lot?" Izuki pulled away and nodded at her, wiping his eyes.

"See? You have nothing to worry about. Just don't think about it okay? Mommy will come back, I know it in my heart." Her confident words made Izuki feel a lot better. He nodded and gave her a small smile as he hugged her again. "Okay Oba-chan."

-

"You poor little thing, almost escaped huh?" Deguchi held your face in his hand as you gave him a glare which made him laugh and threw you on the floor which you caught yourself with your hands. "Why don't you want to stay here with me? After all, I did spare you your life."

No reply was heard from you as you avoided his gaze. You were disgusted by him, you wanted to get away and be with Haise. "I heard from a little birdy that you have a lover, don't you?" Shooting your head up, you looked up at him and your eyes widened at the little picture he held up. "Oh, so you do know who this is? He's a lucky man isn't he?"

"What are you going to do?" You asked worriedly as he turned the picture to face himself. "Wow, you like guys like this huh? I remember him, he's a pretty strong ghoul himself. He's probably on his way to come save you right now."

"You don't know anything about me." You shot back with a cold tone as Deguchi turned to look at you. With a scoff, he threw the picture at you as he crouched down and caressed your cheek. "You're cute when you're mad."

"Deguchi." A firm voice called out to him and Deguchi stood up and turned around. "What is it now?" The man walked toward Deguchi and whispered to him, informing him about random things that you didn't care about until something caught your attention.

"I've been informed that eyepatch is also coming."