Chapter 1

Read author's note at the end please ;)
---------------

You woke up to the thundering rain outside your window and the coldness of your room. Opening your eyes, you looked up at the ceiling and the dark room that surrounded you. Pulling yourself up to sit forward, you noticed that Kaneki was no longer in the bed with you. Raising a brow, you grabbed your phone from the nightstand next to you and checked the time.

'6:12 A.M Kaneki never leaves this early.' You shrugged it off and tried not to worry too much about it. Placing your phone back on the nightstand, you noticed a small white envelope on it. Picking it up, you turned it around and saw your name nicely written on the front.

Neatly opening the envelope you took out the white piece of paper and read it,

'Dear (F/N),

You're probably wondering where I am right now. I know that it is unusual getting a letter or a note from me but this is the only way I can tell you, if I told you face to face, you'd never forgive me. All I need to say is,

I'm leaving you.

Don't waste your time trying to find me, I'm not planning to come back. Take care of Izuki and Chiaki.

Kaneki Ken'

You didn't notice your tears until they dropped onto the sheet of paper. As you finished reading the last word sobs began to come out of your mouth as you threw the sheet of paper on the floor and cried into your blankets. Questions ran through your mind, the heartbreaking feeling crossed your chest and made your heart ache.

Was I not good enough? Did you not love me? Do I not mean anything to you? What about our kids?

Our kids.

You got out of bed and made your way to where your two boys slept and opened the door to their bedroom. Walking closer to them, you heard their soft breathing that seemed to put you at ease

Kneeling down, you placed your arms on top of your eldest son's bed and lied your head on your arms. Your sobs and tears added to your sleepiness helping you fall into a deep sleep.

-

"Mommy...Mommy.." The light shaking on your arms and shoulders caused your eyes to flutter open. You looked up and saw your son Izuki looking at you, his small hand over yours. "Mommy, are you okay?"

Your eyes saddened and you brought your arms over to hug him, holding him protectively like a mother would. He clung onto you and kissed your cheek.

"It's okay mommy, don't cry." His soft small voice was like a melody to your ears. He rested his head on your shoulder as you swayed side to side holding him in your arms.

"You're right, don't cry." You smiled and kissed his nose, giggles flowing out of his mouth. Soon a small cry was heard from the crib on the other side of the room. You set Izuki down on the floor and walked over to the crib to sooth your youngest son, Chiaki.

Right when you held him in your arms, he stopped crying and looked at you with his big grey eyes. A toothless smile formed across his lips as you poked his cheek with your finger. His tiny hands grabbed onto your finger, small words flowing out of his mouth.

Smiling at your two sons, you kissed them and said, "I love you."

-

It was late in the evening and you were cooking dinner for you and Izuki, Chiaki was given a bottle of milk. Walking around in the kitchen to get ingredients, you didn't notice a small figure walking up to you. "Mommy?" You felt a tug on your dress and looked down at Izuki.

"Yes sweetie?" You asked as you quickly bent down to kiss his forehead before standing back up to mix the food you were cooking.

"Where's daddy?" Your eyes widened and you quickly turned the stove off before turning to look at Izuki. You gave him a small smile and pushed his black hair back.

"Umm, let's eat first okay?" Izuki nodded and walked over to the table where you placed a bowl of food in front of him. Sitting down in front of him, the two of you both clapped your hands. "Itadakimasu."

Izuki used his small utensils and dug into his food, eating small bites of food. He stared at you in the process, waiting for an answer of the question he gave you. Looking up, you noticed Izuki staring at you so you had no choice but to answer him.

"Izuki, I have to tell you something very important okay?" He nodded at you. "Daddy, um.. Daddy left."

He looked at you a bit puzzled. "So, does that mean daddy will come back?" You pursed your lips and reached over across the table to cup his small face in your hand.

"Sweetie, daddy's not coming back." His eyes widened slightly and he looked at you with ready eyes that made your heart break. "I'm sorry."

Little sniffles came out of his mouth and he wiped his eyes away with his sleeve. Shaking his small head he said, "It's okay mommy."

Tears escaped your eyes as you held Izuki in your arms crying, he started crying too. "I love you okay?" He nodded and the two of you spent the rest of dinner crying in each other's arms.

-

As you finished placing Chiaki in his crib, you kissed his forehead and walked over to Izuki, kneeling down by his bed. You smiled and pushes his short black hair back and kissed his forehead.

"Are you hungry? You didn't eat a lot."

He shook his head, "I'm not hungry." He smiled at you while the moonlight peeked through the small crack of the curtains. "Mommy, does daddy love us?"

A sad smile plastered on your face as you nodded. "Yes, daddy love you. Daddy loves Chiaki too." You didn't say your name, Kaneki didn't love you, that's why he left. Not a single 'I love you' was written in the letter.

"Don't worry about daddy, he'll be okay. Have a good night." For the last time, you kissed his forehead before you walked out of their room and closed the door. Walking over to your bedroom to meet the empty cold sheets that would surround you alone.

♡♡♡
First chapter done! Thank you to all of you who recommended me turning the oneshots into a book! Great idea!

Before you all ask my to update, here's my updating schedule;

- I update books once a week. Once a week.

Sometimes I will become lazy and forget to update but it WILL be less than 2 weeks.

Next chapter coming soon!! Leave comments and vote!! Thanks for reading!!