Julian

Julian

Hmph, he, out of every Overachiever known, gets to have his family.

Most of the Overachievers had brothers or sisters, but it has never been known ever for their sibling to have a power, forcing us to erase their memory of the Overachiever.

"Do you know if there is anybody else at all in this forest besides you?" asked Sara.

"Me and a friend I found coming here have been living here our whole lives, so unless she just ran away right now, yes, there is someone else." replied Tiff.

"May we see her?" I asked. She nodded, and gestured for us to follow her.

She crept without making a sound, and doing so without trying, like she's been practicing this her whole life. I wondered if you needed that ability to hunt. As we strolled through the large forest, we were completely silent, though I thought about everything that had happened today.

Why did I push Kendall of the cliff? I guess I couldn't help it. Not like I really wanted to, it's that I got that feeling that someone was, how do I put this, in my mind, telling me what to do.

Push her off. What help has she given us? None. She's just been dragging us down, an extra mouth to feed. Wouldn't this all be easier if you just, slipped? And you just happened to push her down? Make it look like an accident? The voice had said then. And I had listened.

I'm supposed to be able to resist mind control and mind persuasion, so either I can't resist it, or this wasn't another person. Maybe it was my own evil thought, I don't think so though. The thought of it made me shiver.

And how is it possible that two Overachievers were born in the same family? It's absurd and unheard of. To be an Overachiever you have to be born seperated from an overachiever, at least a full city away. Maybe not. Maybe, all these years of thinking that, we were all wrong. Maybe its just sporadic across the country and world. Who knows.

"We're here." said Tiff. We had arrived to a cave, very large and the walls looked thick. A wall of sticks formed a fence around the entrance.

We walked inside, and I was expecting it to be dark, but to my surprise it was as light in here as it is outside. There were multiple rooms filled with animal skin rugs and other accessories.

"Senara!" Tiff shouted. "Where are you!"

"In the kitchen!" We heard a small voice say. This place has a kitchen? Cool!

A short girl around the age of eleven popped in the room. She had longish, wavy blond hair, and blue capris. Small and bright green eyes plus her red sweatshirt with the word GAP on it made me feel like today is Christmas and I missed it. She had on flip flops in pink, orange, and tan. I wondered how she could hunt in those, maybe she had running shoes. I also wondered where she got the gap shirt, and don't tell me she got it at gap, cause I will get you for pointing out the obvious.

"Kendall, Jake, Julian, Sara, Echo, this is Senara." said Tiff, pointing to us individually as she said our names. We all shook Senara's hand in turn. Her grip was very firm, and she looked very muscular, though not as strong as Tiff.

"Does she know about your...um...voice trait?" asked Kendall.

"Of course she does! She has a power of her own as well. She can control light and water, didn't you wonder how its so bright in here?" said Tiff. I did wonder... "So Jake is my brother, and these are his friends. They're on a mission to save the world!"

"Not quite the world." said Echo. "But were saving our school."

"Ah." said Senara. "I'm guessing Tiff is planning on going with you?"

We all nodded. We started off with four people on this quest, now we have six, possibly seven if Senara comes with us. How did we get such a big group?

"Can I come? I can help a lot!" exclaimed Senara, jumping up and down.

"Sure, why not?" said Kendall, rolling her eyes. Then she said under her breath, so quietly only I can hear it, "Way to make my job so much harder for me."

I had almost forgotten about Kendall. Its like she became the third-I mean seventh wheel. What job? I'll figure it out later.

While we told Senara about our powers and our quest, she summoned some water so we can sit down with our beverages. Cool power. Not super rare, but still cool.

"Do you think we can stay here over night?" asked Jake. They said yes, we could. I looked outside to find it was already dark out.

I lay down on top of a bear skin on the floor in between Jake and Echo. The girls got another room. I quickly fell asleep to a dreamless sleep, but no sooner did I fall asleep than I was shaken awake harshly by Echo.

"Wake up! We have to find her! We have to leave, and you have to help!" he shouted at me.

"Find who?" I asked grogily.

"Kendall! Nobody can find her!"

************

So another author thingy shabober.

     •shoutout to 2coolGalaxy for sending me a message to give me an idea for Senara. Remember to post your own character in the comments!

     •that's about it, so bye. Hope you liked the chapter.