Sara

Sara

We are now all on our own.

After Jake had told everyone his vision when we got out, Julian and Echo were looking at them like they were crazy, and I guess I'm kinda believing it too. But we followed his dreams instructions, for we are now heading to the four corners.

"Why the four corners?" Julian wondered aloud.

"Who knows? Well, I guess they know, but you know what I mean..." said Jake.

"Can't you just transport us there?" asked Echo.

"It's not that easy, you guys. It takes up a lot of energy just to transport another person and I, I'm guessing most, if not all of my energy will vanish transporting all four of us. Sorry."

I was listening, but not very well, I was thinking about other things. What did these people want us for? To harm us? To help us? Who knows. Maybe they are like Jake, able to see the future, and they sensed our school in danger. Maybe they went to our school and that's where they learned stuff for their powers. Do they even have powers? Maybe they don't, but they have heard of our school and want to kidnap us to learn our secrets, and we would be walking right into his trap. Or they want to take over our school and taking us in for ransom.

Suddenly, I felt that feeling in my stomach that was so familiar; something was wrong. It felt like something was watching us. Or someone. I wondered if I should bother using some energy for x-ray, it could just be a squirrel, or raccoon. Better to be safe than sorry.

I didn't see anything, I looked around. I saw nothing as I turned my head. I was thinking this was a waste of energy when I looked behind a bush. It wasn't really an animal or person, but it was a shadow, and the shadow wasn't of the bush either, it was of a human. I saw it about to move towards us.

"Get down everybody!!!" I screamed and rolled behind a rock on the opposite sides, pulling everybody along with me.

"What is it, Sara?" asked Echo in a whisper.

"There is somebody behind that bush, it was about to move, so I pulled us down."

Echo looked at the bush I was pointing at.

"Be right back!" he said. I told him to be very careful.

He quietly walked to the bush and looked behind it. He said there was nothing, and I must have seen wrong, but he didn't look so sure. All of a sudden, Echo gasped, and a girl stood up from where I saw the shadow.

"Sorry. You guys scared me," said the girl. "I was walking and I saw you guys, so I hid. I'm Kendall."

She extended her hand to us as we walked out from our hiding spot. I shook it carefully and I looked her over. Kendall had long brown hair that extended down to her waist in a side part. Her eyes were a bright and fierce blue. She was wearing a black sweatshirt with pockets, a black and red checkered skirt that went down to her knees, and black boots that you might wear on a hiking trip.

She seemed okay, but something didn't feel right about her, like she was hiding something. I looked in her mind, but saw nothing. Meanwhile Echo was gawking at her like he never saw a girl in his life.

"Errr...I'm...Echo. And this is...er...Sara. And Julian. And...er...Jake.

Er...hi Kendall." he said. Kendall blushed.

"Oh! So you are the four! I was sent to help you along the way to the four corners." she said.

"Do you have a power?" Julian asked dreamily. I nudged him. If she didn't, she would know people have them! Doesn't Julian know better?

"Oh. Yeah. I can change into a shadow form, not invisible though. Just a shadow, which is why Sara saw me."

How does this girl know so much about us? I wondered. I wasn't liking this girl, she didn't seem right.

"Would you like to come with us?" asked Jake, who seemed like he was in a trance. Was I the only one that could keep a straight head?

"Nuh uh. No way, no how. This girl pops out of nowhere and you three are all gawking at her like she is the prettiest girl in the world, then you invite her to come along? She could ruin it for us! How do we know she's not with the enemy?" I said hysterically. Kendall looked hurt.

"See, Sara! You hurt her feelings! Why do you have to be so mean?" said Echo. "You can come along, Kendall."

I sighed as the boys gathered around her as we started walking again. I just walked behind the group, forgotten.

I have to figure out what is up with this girl. Tonight. Because I have a sneaking suspicion that this odd girl has more than the ability to go to shadow, also that she could be the enemy.

The enemy.