Jake

Jake

For the millionth time today, WHY ME!!!!!!??

Shupple pretty much just told me that the entire school depends on me to figure out how to save the school from chaos before tomorrow. No pressure! Is he insane? Don't answer that, I'll get in trouble.

For now, Sara and I just go on with our day, following our schedule like nothing was gonna happen and it would all be normal. Normal. Normal. I still can't figure that word out. Normal. 

Our first class of the day was with Mrs. Stein, and Echo and Julian joined us in this because they don't have this class in Transportation. She taught us things like how to fight creatures such as the glockle, the adril, the fludge, etcetera with nothing but our hands, then she taught us how to fight with a sword. Did I mention we got our own sword? Nobody has ever trusted me with anything pointy before.

We had to go through quite a few swords before we got one just right for me. Too heavy. Too long. Too light. Too short. Too big. Too small. On and on this went until finally I found the perfect one. It was about a foot long with a handle perfect for my hands. It wasn't heavy at all. Plus, it gleamed bright gold. I'm gonna name it goldilocks.

Sara had found the right one the first tme she tried. Hers really brought out the blue in her eyes...hold on, I have to snap out of this.

The glockle. It was a small figure, its head was up to my knees, but it was dangerous! When you touched anything at all to its skin, it electrified you, shocking your whole body, and that shock threw you across the room. What you had to do to defeat that scaly, green creature was to stuff a rock in it's mouth because it breathes in air through its skin, but also through it's mouth, and the glockle electrifies the air that comes in through it's mouth, inside its body.

Sara and i had to face one to practice. I pulled out Goldilocks and set it on the ground for a second to pick up a rock to throw in it's mouth. Just my luck, it had ran over, picked Goldie up, and ran away with it in his mouth. Smart, Jake, setting your only weapon on the ground. Luckily Sara was smart and took a hook to snatch it out of it's mouth before throwing a rock in. Then she threw my sword to me and let me do the honors of chopping it's head off.

The adril, a creature nobody knows what it looks like 'cause it is invisible, but that thing breathes fire like nobody's business. To defeat that, you have to throw water at wherever the fire is coming from and hope it hits it's head, cause it wont be able to produce fire with a wet head.

Julian and Echo faced that one, and me and Sara watched them sneak up on either side of the fire then throw the water where it starts. The fire extinguishes and doesn't start again.

Lastly, the fludge, a creature that moves so fast, you can only see dust, and it has claws of steel. To destroy the fludge, you have to use your powers. I only have my sword, but that'll work too, cause I cant exactly just fall asleep on the floor to dream about what to do about it where a monster is lurking. Sara could try and change its mind to stop running. Julian could teleport from one side of the room to the other really fast to confusing, or Echo could throw things in its way to slow it down. That is exactly what we all did, and I got to chop that head off also since I was the only one allowed a sword in this duel.

Our second class was with Mr.Ewald, who taught us how to resist mind control, I am kind of ashamed to say this, but Sara did pretty bad, considering her power was kind of mind control. Since Mr.Ewald's power was mind control, it was easy for him to teach us, though that doesn't mean it was easy for us to learn.

The first time I did it, he had me close my eyes in the middle of the room, his voice was so soothing, I had to do it. That was my first mistake. Then he said some orders, and I did them all. Do the hula dance. He said, so I did the hula. Bite your finger. He said, so I bit my finger. Throw your shoe across the room. He said, so I threw my shoe across my room. It went on like this for a while, then he said I was dreadful and he woke me up.