Echo

Echo

If you make fun of my name, you will most likely be thrown around the room a million times. I won't say by who, but it will be painful.

Julian and I were raised here at Flemming, we know every little trick there. And I don't mean to brag, but I got here a full 17 days before him, (if you haven't figured it out yet, I was bragging.) and I came in here when I was just four years old, as did Julian. I wobbled in carrying a book with an tag on it that said that "this book was purchased at Anderson's" blah blah blah.

I had told them my name was Echo, I know what your thinking, what kind of person would name their kid Echo? Trust me, I have been asking that question my whole life. They gave me a last name of Anderson because of my book, which was called "The Weeping Willow." I still have that book.

When I got here, they wondered how I survived with no food or water or even a backpack. They soon discovered that most Overachievers were very hard to kill, especially if you're like my friend Alex who is immortal and 916 years old.

It didn't take them very long to discover my power, considering the fact that whenever I didn't get candy I would point at them and something would fly at them.

As I looked at the sleeping figure beside me, I wondered whether or not he would be left out of most things like I was.

Around one o'clock in the morning, I saw the silluette of the small house on the horizon, its way bigger than you think. I gently shook Jake awake and he moaned quietly. Then he sat up next to me and looked around, absorbing his surroundings. He looked at me, then all the memories flew back to him.

"Do I have to do anything to get in? Any tests?" he asked.

"Just one about yourself. Nothing to worry about." I said, dismissing the question, though Jake looked like he wanted to know more. Couldn't blame him.

"What's gonna be on it? What kind of questions? Are they hard? Are they all just about me? What does it do?" I noticed this kid had more questions than most.

"Just questions like what you would do in certain situations, and questions about your powers. Depending on your answer you'll be placed in a group and all that group decides is what kind of classes you take, nothing more."

"How many groups are there?"

"Three, emotional, physical, and transportation."

"What is the difference?" I'm beginning to question what I said earlier about him being popular, I don't think I've ever met anybody who asks so many questions. I patiently answered them all, though.

"In emotional, you have powers that deals with the mind and thoughts or feelings, like you. In physical, you have powers such as strength and speed that deals with the body.  And transportation trains you on transporting and traveling at your own will. All groups do things like resisting certain powers, such as mind controling."

"So I'll be in emotional?" asked Jake.

I shifted uncomfortably, there is one other group, but this school began three centuries ago and nobody has ever, ever been in it.

"Probably. There is one other, called spall, but it is pretty much impossible to get in. You learn everything there. It's everybodys dream to be in it. You are the only ones that are allowed to leave Flemming, besides the travelers, me and Julian, and you guys go on quests. Don't get your hopes up though." I said, pretty much aware he is getting his hopes up to not be in Spall.

We arrived at Flemming to find Julian and Sara sitting there whispering stuff to each other. What was especially odd was two things, Julian was smiling, and he looked like he was enjoying himself, it was a rare sight.

"Ah. You're finally here, what took you two so long?" asked Professor Shupple, the headmaster of Flemming.

"This one asks many questions, sir." I said.

"Ah." he said. "Time for tests."

Sara looked alarmed, but didn't say anything as Professor Shupple handed out the tests. Jake sat down at the other table, ready to for his future to be decided, which was kind of ironic, considering his power was to dream the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to things to say here in my first author shoutout thingy,

a) I am skipping Julian's point of veiwing to go to Sara's so you can see what the test is.

b) Shoutout to catsmeowpurr for giving me the idea of the character Alex, and I have a feeling that will be her favorite character.