Jake

Jake

I have always wanted friends, but not this many.

The morning we took the test, Sara and I had walked over to the table we had been instructed to sit at. At first people were looking at us like we had broke the biggest law in the world; somebody even came up to us and asked us what on earth we were doing at this table.

"It's our birthday and this morning we were both picked as Spall members. Jealous?" Sara had said smugly to the buff guy, I bet he was strength.

News got around quickly, and after about 10 seconds everybody was gathered around us, at first in silence, watching our every move, how many times we chewed our food, what we ate, how we looked. Creepos. Then they were asking us about pretty much all our personal information. I didn't really look up or answer any of them with full detail. I looked over and was very surprised to see Sara enjoying herself.

I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me, and she looked like she wanted to question my reaction to all this, but she didn't.

"Can't you make them stop all this? With your mind control thingy?" I whispered in her ear. She frowned.

"First of all, these kids are trained to resist mind control, I tried on Julian when he tried to make me leave. Second of all, I don't have or do mind control, I just persuade thoughts. Lastly, there is way too many people to do that!" People were trying to eavesdrop on our long conversation. "We'll talk about this later!"

When our long breakfast was over, we trudged back to the Spall room. Why me? Our room only had one other room attached, and since this was the entrance room, we had to share a room. We had put sheets up in the middle for privacy, but now they were pulled back as we sat talking to each other.

"Are we going to have to endure that at every meal?" I asked.

"Eventually they'll get used to us and stop buggin' us, but for now we'll just have to deal with it." she shrugged.

"And how long will that take? Days? Weeks? Months? 'Cause I feel like they're stalking our every move, who knows? Maybe there is one of those invisible people in here right now." we both look around hearing for any noises whatsoever. Sara closed her eyes.

"Nope, can't hear, smell, or feel any creepy stalked people in here." I sighed, grateful for her ability. At least she had something useful as a power.

All of a sudden we heard lots of murmuring outside our door.

"Can't they just leave us alone?" wondered Sara aloud. She closed her eyes and murmured more words under her breath. Then she opened them, wide. "We gotta check this out."

Then she hopped out of bed and ran to the entrance. I followed behind her slowly. She swung it open and we stepped out, eyes followed us as we walked towards the vented of a big circle, where Julian was standing holding a letter firmly in his hands.