I moved my hand towards Vern and Jasper was moved to her arms.

"Run," I commanded, "And get as far away as you can."

Nodding her head, Vern obeyed, running away from the castle.

Now that both my children were safe, I could do as I pleased.

I snapped my head to Ray, my eyes burning a bright gold.

He dared to hurt my baby.

"You should've let that pathetic mutt die."

My anger boiled as he sent me over the tipping point.

I screamed, and before I knew it, a  golden way of energy radiated off of me, destroying everything in it's path.

Ray's eyes widened in fear. The wave hit him, leaving bruised and battered.

He coughed, spitting out blood.

"I see you have quite a grip on your powers," he spat through his bloodied teeth.

Striding towards Ray, I gripped him by the collar, slapping him like he did to my son.

Blood flew out of his mouth as his head snapped to the side with the force of my strike.

He moved, tacking me to the ground.

My fist began to glow as it became surrounded in golden flames. I punched Ray harshly, sending him rolling off me.

He coughed, grinning. The sick bastard has the nerve to smile. Jumping on top of him, I wrapped my hands around his throat.

Grabbing the knife I pushed into the waistband of my pants earlier, I jabbed into his chest, right on the edge of his heart.

Slamming his fist into the side of my head, Ray was able to push me off him.

Acting quickly he stumbled back, picking up a gun that was knocked out of his hand earlier. The knife was still protruding from his chest as blood trailed down his body.

He aimed it at me cocking the gun, ready to pull the trigger.

I froze.

"Surrender, Adeline."

There's no way I would do that. To surrender meant that I had to spend the rest of my life, tortured and exploited for the power inside of me.

There was no way I would let that happen.

"Over my dead body," I said, confidently raising a brow. He can't kill me.

Ray was already good as dead. With the wound I inflicted on him he would be gone in a couple minutes.

"If I'm dying, I'm taking you with me," Ray snarled, aiming at my heart and pulling the trigger.

Before the bullet could hit me, a warm body encased me from the front. I could feel the impact as it rocked through the both of us.

I stilled, looking at the person in front of me. My eyes widened as I looked at him standing protectively in front of me.

_______________

This book is completed but the last two chapters may only be found on inkitt. Inkitt is free. You have to use my magic link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA_meghanakarumuri

The link will be attached to this chapter (you should be able to find it at the bottom) and be posted in my bio.

If you absolutely cannot get the app and you really wanna read the last few chapters just send me a wattpad message and we will make some accommodations.

________________

Hey guys! I never got to proof read this chapter, so if you see any mistakes, please point them out! I've gotten better with my updating right?

I think the next chapter might be the last chapter. I'm so excited! This book is coming to the end, so it finally gives me a chance to go back and fix some things to get rid of plot holes and make the book better as a whole.

Thank you all for all of those people who are stuck with me throughout the growth of this book.

Guess what? Another cliffhanger.

Who the hell do you think got shot?

How is your summer so far?

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!•