8

Adeline's POV

I felt like a caged animal. I was trapped behind the metal bars of my cell with nothing to do, and I was getting very bored. It hasn't been long. I knew Gabriel just put me in here to teach me a lesson.

I felt horrible. There was a dull ache forming in my head, threatening to spread through my body.

It rotted and reeked of blood everywhere. It was unsanitary. I probably contracted millions of diseases just by sitting in this cell.

I'd rather spend another day in the cottage than sit in this disgusting cell for another hour. The thing is, when I was in the cottage, I wasn't completely isolated, but here my thoughts have been driving me insane for the past couple of hours.

I sat against the wall with my knees pulled up against my chest. Sweat dripped from my forehead, and it wasn't even hot in the cell.

My stomach churned, and I began to feel sick.

My body lurched forward as I began to throw up.

I stared at the blood with fear as panic welled up in my chest. A small yelp escaped my lips.

I can't be dying.

I blinked, and when I opened my eyes, the whole cell was covered in blood. It dripped from the metal bars and walls as it slowly coated the floor.

"Ahhh." A strangled scream left my mouth.

It's not real. It can't be real.

My hands were clutching my aching head as I stared at everything in terror. I was scared of spending as little as a minute more in this cell.

Small strangled screams left my parted lips as I hoped for someone to help me.

"Help!" I croaked, hoping someone would help me out of this hell hole.

My breathing grew shallow as tears of frustration and fear pricked my eyes.

The door to dungeons shot open as a guard fumbled with the keys to my cell. Behind him was my oh so lovely mate. The guard swung the metal bars open, and Gabriel walked into the cell, crouching down to my level.

"Adeline," Gabriel said, concerned, "are you okay?"

The blood around me vanished the moment his fingers touched my cheek. It was a hallucination again.

"Come on, lets get you out of here," he said gently, taking my arm and helping me up.

All of a sudden, I felt so drained, as if the energy was sucked out of me. I began swaying back and forth as I sat on the ground. I was just so sleepy.

"Shit." Gabriel muttered. I felt his arms wrap around my body as he hoisted me up into the air. Sharp tingles ran through my body at his touch, soothing me.

My hand involuntarily moved up to his face to cup his cheek.

"So blue." I whispered as I pointed to his eyes. My tired eyes fluttered open and close, before I passed out it his arms.

*~~*~~*

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The steady noises from the heart monitor disturbed me from my slumber.

My eyes fluttered open weakly.

My eyes widened at the long clear tube attached to my wrist.

"Oh! You're awake. That's good news." A man in a white coat said. I think he is a doctor.

"W-Who are you?" I croaked out. My voice sounded foreign and rough like sandpaper.

He somehow managed pick up what I said with my rough voice. "I'm Alaric, your doctor." His foreign voice sent shivers down my spine.

I laid on the bed silently for a few minutes, trying to calm myself down.

"Where's Gabriel?"

"Don't worry about that, you need rest."

"W-What's that." I whispered eyeing the clear tube. A liquid flowed through it and into my skin.

"That's a drip. Its going to supply you with the nutrients to help you regain your strength. You seemed to have passed out earlier from what seemed like a panic attack." The doctor read robotically from a small piece of paper.

"Can you take it off?" I asked eyeing the drip.

"It's scaring me." I whispered.

"No. You won't recover properly without it. You're going to receive a daily dosage of some other medicines too. It's required." The doctor grinned.

"Speaking of other medicines, it's time for your daily dosage." He pulled out a needle and filled it with a light purple liquid and swirled it around.

I stared at the needle reluctantly. No. No needles. I don't do needles.

I moved away from the pointy tip of the needle.

"I don't want medicine!" I shrieked.

"You have to." Alaric demanded as he gripped onto my arm tightly.

"Stop it! No needles!" I screamed, waving my arms around, angrily.

I jumped off the bed not caring that I had just ripped the IV out of my arm.

The doctor leapt forward, and held my hand in a vice-like grip. The doctor gripped my arm harder and plunged it in. I could already see a bruise forming where the doctor was gripping me.

A sharp pain filled my entire body when the shimmering liquid entered my blood stream.

"Shhh. Now, time to sleep."

I sighed and fell back on the bed tiredly.

"What did you do to me?" I croaked out.

Hmm, that doctor seems shady af to me. He literally stabbed her with a needle! Well, things are a bit more interesting now, so please continue reading! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What do you think the doctor is doing to her?•