18

Adeline's POV

I couldn't help but stand there and think about what he was using me for. I was able to cover up most of my bruises from that night under the long-sleeved dress. He was just using me now. I drilled holes mentally into the back of his head. Sensing my burning glare, he tilted his head towards me. We were about to enter the throne room in a few minutes where a million guests were gathered for Gabriel's coronation. The servant told me what I had to do, and she helped me practice in the hallway.

Just as the servant wrapped up telling me what to do, Gabriel yanked me next to him, sparks exploding where out skin met, before clearly announcing that we're going. I pulled my arm out of his tight grip on my wrist and clutched it with my own hand. I turned my head away from Gabriel.

The doors were pulled wide open and I found myself in front of a crowd of people again, staring at me. Last time I was in front of a crowd was on my birthday, and now I know for sure, I'm scared of them.

My heart sped up as thousands of eyes turned to face Gabriel and I. Before we could even enter the throne room, I ran out. I'm going to end up breaking down if I go in there.

I hid myself in the hallway, in a corner where I couldn't be spotted easily. I started crying. Just like the weak creature I was. I couldn't keep the tears bottled up mo matter how hard I tried.

A pair of sleek black dress shoes stopped in front of me.

"I'm so sorry. I-I ruined it didn't I?" I cried, putting my arms in front of me as a defensive barrier. My breaths were coming out as short gasps as I cried.

Gabriel squatted onto his knees and moved my arms out of the way, his eyes seemed softer. He seemed to forget all the tension between us, letting it drift away.

"You didn't ruin anything."

He gently caressed my cheek, wiping away the tears. His touch sent tingles throughout my body, making me lean into his comforting touch.

"I'll be right by you. I'll make sure nothing happens to you. Okay?"

I nodded my head. Gabriel gave me his arm and helped me off the ground. After making sure I looked presentable, Gabriel led me back to the doors.

Gabriel rested his arm on my back, as the doors opened. Just as I had practiced with the servant, I held my head high and began to walk.

All eyes were mostly on me. I took a deep breath, but it didn't help very much because I began to shiver.

Gabriel put his hand on my back began to rub circles, calming me down. I relaxed at his touch, ignoring all the stares I was getting.

We finally made it down the isle, to where Gabriel would be crowned. The murmuring crowd shushed to a dead silence, as they watched their future king standing in front of them.

An authoritative figure from the council stepped out and had Gabriel repeat vows to protect his kingdom and more along the lines.

"Lady Adeline Zoe Victoria Ambrose, will you uphold your duties as the Queen of Vampire Kingdom?"

I snapped my eyes towards the council member, then to Gabriel.

"Yes."

I blanked out for a while after that. I was getting quite bored standing and repeating vows.

The music that was already in the background changed to loud grand music. On two soft cushions, were elegant crowns, and the amount of detail and work showed the fine craftsmanship.

The council member took one of the crowns and placed it on Gabriel's head. It fit him perfectly, like it was meant to be there. It was gold and looked like any classic crown would. Next, the council member lifted a delicate and intricate crown and gently placed it on my head.

The cold metal of the crown touched my head. Suddenly, the world flashed white, and when I opened my eyes, I wasn't in the throne room anymore.

I was in the middle of a forest, and I could feel the warm air around me.

A laughing couple entered the scene. They seemed happy. The girl was wearing a long white gown, and the man followed after her as she pulled him with her towards a small picnic basket.

"Come on, walk faster." The girls voice rang.

The man chuckled.

"Serafina, you should get some rest." He said glancing at her swollen belly. Their child was due in a few days.

"Relax, we're just having a picnic."

They both sat down on a the blanket she laid out, and they conversed happily for a while, as they ate.

Then the couple heard something in the woods.

The man got up and told the woman to stay there. All at once, ten vampires emerged from the shadows. One of them drifted towards the girl while the other nine worked on suppressing the man who I assumed to be the king now. I knew what was happening; it was the story Gabriel told me.

The king growled out deeply and loudly in the dark night. The vampire near the girl grabbed her, and hoisted her up as she squealed and fought against his hold.

"Shh, darling, I'll make this fast."

The man dug his hand into her body to where her heart lay, ripping it out mercilessly. Serafina's  face turned lifeless as she stared at her mate who was struggling to get out from under the hold of nine vampires.

The king's face was filled with rage as he yelled out into the opaque night. He pulled free from the vampires, and killed them. Every last one of them.

The king was covered in blood as he approached his mate.

"No, no, no." He muttered as he lifted her head into his lap.

He listened for a heartbeat, hoping the child wasn't dead either. He caught onto a dull heartbeat and jumped to rescue his unborn child, tears still escaping his eyes.

He carefully got the baby out, and a large wail echoed through the forest as the baby took its first breaths. He pulled a necklace off of the mother's neck and put it around the baby girl's neck.

I gasped and my hands moved to my own neck when I recognized the pendant which wad similar to the necklace I found earlier.

"I'll make sure you are safe, and that no one will hurt you."  The King whispered.

The King took the baby into the village, where someone was destined to find her. She wouldn't be safe at the castle.

I opened my eyes, with a gasp.

Hey guys! So, I finally updated! I've been studying for midterms, and I still am, but it's been a while since I've updated. This is quite a blast from the past! I hope you keep reading; Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

What's going to happen next? Will Addie finally tell Gabriel whats going on? First things first, will they make up?•