Chapter 22 - Forgive and Forget

Start from the beginning

"So will you go? You know... with me?" Kyle gave me pleading look that I couldn't refuse.

"Do you really need to ask?"

"No. But I want to hear you say it." He grinned.

"Sheesh. Fine. I will go to prom with you!" I rolled my eyes. "Happy?"

He shook his head. "Not until you kiss me. Right here." He said, pointing to the corner of his lips.

"You're so exasperating!" I slapped his chest but smothered the impact by kissing the corner of his lips.

He pouted. "But you love it when I'm exasperating."

I did. I really did. He wasn't aware of how much he ruined my heart every day. I was too late to be in danger of falling in love with him. No, I had fallen long ago.

"You wish." I slapped him again and chose to look away in case he saw exactly how those mindless words he uttered affected me. He still thought I only loved him as best friend. He didn't know exactly how much of that has changed.

"Okay so the going has been sorted. Now, what about the how we are getting there?" He told me.

"Don't worry my mom has already gotten the limo covered." I told him.

He shook his head. "That's not what I meant."

I frowned.

"Sav and Ned, Keya. You know they have to come with us." He said testily.

I groaned. "You had to bring her up."

"Yes Key, I had to. She's your best friend." Kyle was worried as he stepped closer again, caressing my cheek with his thumb as he coaxed me to look at me.

I grimaced. "As far as I know, you're the only best friend I have." I told him.

Kyle rolled his eyes. "Keya it's been two weeks. Haven't you punished her enough?"

"Punished her? She made it clear to me that she no longer wished to be my friend." I flailed my hand at the same time stepping away from him. I knew I was being immature but what she said to me really hurt. And what she did to Ryland was unforgivable, not that I cared much about his àss. As far as I knew they were better off with each other. I really don't know why Ned kept up with her. Didn't he know that after a while she will get bored and look for someone else to entertain her?

No one was surprised when Ryland and Sav ended things that day. Their drama had been an elephant in the room and Sav poorly executed the situation. That's why we returned to home soon the morning after. It wouldn't have been the same hanging out in that remote place with people clearly spouting hatred to another. Where was the fun in that?

Kyle followed my movements. "Look. I get you're mad at her but—"

I shook my head, cutting him off. "You don't get it, Kyle. I tried to help her like a friend should and she backlashed at me throwing my attempts at my face."

His concerned look marred his beautiful face. "You don't see it but she's suffering. All I'm saying is to try settle things with her." He suggested.

"If she still wants me as her friend, she knows what to do. I'm not going to be the one trying to fix something she broke. No, she has to apologize."

Kyle cocked his head to one side. "Keya I've known you for how long? More than eight years now and I know deep down that you act like you don't care when you do."

I frowned.

"I know this is eating at you too. Talk to her."

I was ready to shake my head but Kyle wasn't having any of it. "Just of think of how much relief you'll feel afterward."