Chapter 8 - The aftermath

Start from the beginning

My jaw dropped to the floor as realisation of what they were doing dawned. James was quick to act as he pulled me away, apologising to the couple before he shut their door. We staggered to the next room and found it unoccupied.

I giggled when James pulled me to a kiss and began the notion of groping me in places that I had never been groped before.

I knew that this was unsettling, even my drunk brain somehow finally managed to realise that although my body was sexually frustrated. It didn't want this at the moment.

It was too late to back out. James was already pushing me to the bed, pulling his t-shirt off at the same time. For a moment, I worried that he was going to be rough on me, thinking I was already deflowered.

I anticipated his body about to lie next to me when suddenly he grunted. In the dark, I could see blurring figures and someone pulling James.

"Back off!" James shouted.

I sat up and staggered out of the bed to face the figures.

"It's me, Kyle." A voice spoke. Not just a voice but one that belonged to my best friend Kyle.

My slow processing brain recalled that we weren't in speaking terms due to our earlier argument regarding my virginity.

"Dude, what the fruck ... you chose a wrong time. I'm kind of bus—"

"You can't sleep with this girl, James." Kyle spoke.

"Why not?"

This was followed by a whisper.

"What?"

Kyle whispered again.

"She's a ...virgin?" James suddenly burst out, his tone laced with shock and incredulity.

"Seriously. And you know how virgins are. They become very clingy and you don't want that, do you?"

"I...guess not."

I was sick to my stomach, literally. I felt bile rising up in my throat and I tried to swallow my impending gag.

The figures moved towards the bed and I saw the blurred vision of Kyle putting James back to bed.

"Just sleep, buddy, I'll take care of everything." He told James as he draped a blanket over him.

"Thanks man, y-you're the best!" James made a drunken yawning noise.

Kyle turned to me and I staggered back, away from him. He was quick because in two strides he was before me. Without words spoken, he simply grabbed me by my arm and began pulling me away from the bedroom.

"W-what are you... doing?" I slurred as I staggered with him out of the apartment.

"Taking you home." He said.

I shook my head vigorously. "N-no, no you can't. I'm...I'm staying over at Savs."

"Then where is she?" He asked rhetorically.

I fumed silently. "You can't...you can't take me home. Teddy can't see me like this....he'll... he'll murder me."

The boy that was hauling me to his car seemed pissed off. I could tell by his constant clenching and unclenching of his jaw that he was angry at something.

"Maybe it's for the best, Keya, cos I really don't know what do with you right now." He muttered.

I don't know how he managed my to put my fumbling body to the passenger's seat with a seat belt safely strapped on too, but he did. I laughed through it all.