FORTY

Omniscient

Sunday, January 24, 2016, 1:08am
Two hours after the mixtape listening party ended

Everyone sat quietly in the sitting room, waiting with anticipation. So many things were running through Trinity's mind. How could she have let this happen? She knew something just wasn't right, yet she chose to ignore her gut feeling. She sat there blaming herself as tears started cascading down her cheeks, ruining her makeup even more.

She sat in the uncomfortable hospital chair hunched over, with her head in her hands. The sleeves of her lilac crewneck stained with blood. She ran her hands through her hair sitting up as she felt a hand rubbing her back. It was her father. She started bawling, resting her head on her father's shoulder.

She then began to hyperventilate, her heartbeat is increasing every second, her vision began to get blurry. It was happening all over again.

China sat back watching Trinity having one of her panic attacks. She wanted to help, she really did but she couldn't move for some reason. This all felt unreal, everything happened in a blink of an eye. She was still processing how, what, and why it happened.

She watched as a doctor approached Trinity and her father and escorted her out of the waiting room while she was still in hysterics.

China watched as more family and friends piled in the waiting room with tears running down their faces. She laid on her mother's lap as she silently began to cry. Every time she closed her eyes, the scenario kept playing in her head over and over again in slow motion. She felt empty inside.

Saturday, January 23, 2016, 7:35pm
The day of the mixtape listening party

The gang all piled into Trinity's car as they made their way to the venue that's approximately a thirty-minute drive. They all took turns sharing the aux cord playing their favorite music. Trinity sat in the passenger seat staring out the window worried.

"Cheer up Trin, I got you!" Michael exclaimed over the music patting her shoulder.

Jumpman by Drake and future then stop abruptly, and Lana Del Rey's beautiful voice started serenading the five of them. Shocked, she slowly turned around in her seat to see Michael with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Money is the anthem, of success." Michael sang moving his neck dramatically.

"So before we go out, what's your address?" The rest joined in, including Chris who was smiling behind the steering wheel.

This was the song that brought them all together, she thought.

Trinity looked up once more and saw they were all looking at her. She quickly looked away and started picking up her pace. She turned up the volume to National Anthem that was now playing. It's one of her favorite's by Lana Del Rey. She continued to speed up, keeping her eyes on her boots.

A boy then ran up in front of her. He was very light and had a weird shaped head. He had nice pink plump lips and was covered in tattoos. His neck tattoos were peeking out of his jacket collar. She thought he was a little cute.

She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at him. His lips were moving but she wasn't hearing anything, so she took off her headphones letting them hang around her neck.

"Um, pardon?" Trinity asked nervously.

The boy made up his face "What's that bullshit you listening to?" He asked snatching her phone from out of her hands. He watched as the artist and the song title move along the lock screen.