Chapter - 7 - Darkened Ploy

Maenas P.O.V

      Servants trembled in my wake, maids bowed to my presence and nobles nodded as I swept by.

    I had this entire palace in my palm by a mere strike of fear and possession of key information. It was in my own grasp that I bound Fili to my smile and charmed whomever I needed, I deserved to be this sought after. None dared stand in my way and even my own parents were hesitant to talk back to the daughter that brought them such great fortune and stability in Erebor.

   A laundry keeper stumbled to a bow and nearly allowed her entire basket of garments to be spilled over the dull stone floors; rendering herself useless. I mean she had but one occupation, that is merely to tend to the dirt or clean clothes of royals carefully, and even this deemed too grand a task for the redhead.

   It was nice, being able to walk the halls of this kingdom that I practically rule without any interference's and having every imperial or patrician wrapped around my well jeweled finger. 

  Of course I'm not all heinous. I am a mere women fighting for dominance, not only across the map, but also in the heart of a Dwarve. And as always, there is a flaw in my plannings. Her name happens to be Teryn and she has the whole angelic act under lock. I swear, if she -

    A hand outreached from the shadows and gripped me from my ponders by pulling me into an empty, musky, dark room. I thought to scream, but when the faces came to light I simply sighed. "What it is, mother?" The words drenched of exasperation.

   Both blond heads of my parents sent around glances of unease with silence still occupying them.

   I raised both brows due to impatience. "Well? Spit it out!"

   My father, Maeur looked upon the ground and gulped before speaking, hesitantly. "We fear you are losing your grip of Thorin's nephew." I rolled my eyes and he jumped into the conversation further and with more urgency. "Teryn must be cunning if she can break apart years of relationship. Maena, when were your intentions faltered? When did you lose your holding on-"

    "Don't dare speak to the mistress of Fili in such manner." I spat, coldly. "I am still first priority in the eyes of the prince. A mere termite in a basin of flowers cannot detour his lust for me, Teryn is a fool if she believes she will ever hold Fili's true love to herself." I grew more angered with every passing word.

   Then my mother stepped forward and lifted a chilly hand to my cheek. "It is not too late to call off the uprising, rumours have not been yet spread of Teryn's broken virtue. We can still save you from the chopping block, my love." She smiled and I scowled at her willingness to give up my place in court for a silly scare that our plan would backfire.

   We had been planning to take Erebor for ourselves since I was but a child. My father was the next in line to the throne of the lonely mountain after Fili and Kili (considering his close ties with Thorin), and whereas I would hate to see Fili fall at my own tasks, my own families fate is more important.

   This was our second resort though, if I could get seeded with Fili's child, the success of our futures would also be set in stone. One problem; Belegost and their princess. 

    "Our arrangement will not fall, it will flourish as long as you two keep your large mouths shut and leave the seducing and shenanigans to me." My eyes left my kin to browse the large room of few candles in a waiting for their response.

    Whence I looked back to my father he was nodding with a smirk. "We have raised you well, Maena. Now run the rumour past us one more time, just to be absolutely positive we are on the same scroll."

   Then I spoke of Teryn's stolen virtue and her failure to produce a child from her first love years ago. I spoke of the threats she directed towards me if I didn't leave Fili. I spoke of her new love of Kili and their secret affairs late at night. Of course these were all lies, but nobody outside of that conversation would know such thing.

   By the time I was finished speaking in an act of surprise, my parents were grinning. "But how can you ensure, not only Teryn's downfall, but your rise?" Mother asked curiously, knowing I had the answers.

   I smirked, for I held the most key information one kingdom would be ludicrous to deny. "There is something I need to speak with Fili of."

      It was all for my families name to be forever remained and our power to tilt the scales.

<><><<>><><>

      I know it's super short, but it is crucial to this story line!!!

   If you have a guess as to what is happening, message me DON'T COMMENT AND RUIN THE SURPRISE. 

      STOP WITH THE AMAZING COMMENTS AND CONSTANT READS, I MEAN DON'T STOP, BUT YOU GUYS ARE MAKIGN ME EMOTIONAL!!! 835+ READS!?!?!? WHAT!?!??!! I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET A COUPLE HUNDRED AT MOST, THIS IS AMAZING AND IT KEEPS GROWING(((((((:

 Best comment / Best idea in comments get a dedication!!