Chapter - 10 - Dawn of Infirmity

Teryn's P.O.V

     I watched Fili amble towards the Dwarve I wish I was more and more similar to as time drew on. I hadn't wanted to be an asp as she was, but I found myself quite jealous when he once again favored her over myself; I had expected it to be set in such strides until the dusk of my time.

    With every fall of his foot, disappointment etched a envious pain deeper within me. 

    Pivoting around, a hypotheticaly heavy weight fell against my chest as my lungs slowly filled with frigid oxygen and released it as a heated breath. There was a sickly feeling deep within me, one that would not send me into a physical illness, but possibly a mental one; a sense of a wound and loss as I began to walk away.

    It was utterly silent in the corridors I set on adventuring, aside from the gossiping maids of the event that recently took placed; Fili again reminding everyone he was in love with another.

  I could practically hear my mother scolding my actions when I tilted my chin downwards in defeat, showing yet another chink in the armor. My shoes were the only filler from the eerie silence that occupied the tall foyers, save the natural sounds of the mountain and its walls of cold stones.

   What had I done wrong? I surly must have mistepped my place along the way to be so undesirable.

   Prior to arriving in Erebor, my instruction was singular and not complex; to be a noble woman who was loyal and never spoke out of turn or false guidance. Had I truly already, unknowingly deceived my kin in Belegost this severely?

   Catching a glimpse of my head maid, I made haste in walking nearer to her. "Zaylia," I beckoned and she turned from her conversation with another nurse to meet my abrupt greeting.

   "Your highness?" She blinked with hands clasped in front of her linens.

   I stopped a few paces from her, then drew and exhaled quickly, gathering my thoughts for an approachable solution. "Are you educated as to the whereabouts of Prince Kili?"

   The women that had basically grown beside me and played mother to me, despite her only being 20 years my elder, glanced around us utterly confused and lowered her head to speak quietly. "What complications would guide you to seek Kili's council?" Her voice was a skeptical hiss and her brows were strongly knit together.

    Feeling a sense of her disapproval, I slowly continued our out of sorts conversation. "Matters that concern his and my own," The words we now not filled with confidence and frowardness, they were beginning to sound as if I too was in questioning.

   Zaylia stepped nearer to me. "You best not be spending your free moments with the younger nephew, your highness. There are rumors rising."

   "Yes, I am aware, but my inquire still stands. Where is Kili?" But her hesitation fueled more examination and I tilted my chin and sent her a heuristic expression. "What have you heard? These rumors, there are no truth to them so where did the tall tales steam from?"

   She glanced down at the passing of a stable boy as he carried blankets across the hall, then she shook her head. "This is not the place to be speaking of such topics," Then, smoothing the fabric of her dress, Zaylia nodded to down the corridor where my chambers resided. 

    Taking the hint, I pivoted myself and began walking nearer to the gray entrance that was thickly framed with glistening minerals and quickly pressed my hand to the cold doorknob. Turning the object in my grasp, a small click could have been heard before I swung the entryway open enough for my ladies maid and I to arrive in the room that was filed with warmth from the fireplace.