Chapter - 2 - Nomadic Eyes

A creak at the door forced a panicked jerk of my head towards the stone frame, but to my pleasant surprise it was only my ladies maid, Zaylia. 

   "I did not intend to wake you, Your Highness." She sweetly said from across the echo filled room. 

   I sat up with hand arms propped behind me after deciding it must be five after noon and I had not even left bed. "No need to worry, I wasn't asleep." It was true, I hadn't slept much since arriving here two days previous; nor left the comforts of my uncomfortably silent chambers. The thought of stepping out of these warm walls and away from my books and tapestries of home frightened me when Fili crossed my mind.

   I knew I would have to leave sooner or later, so I lifted my legs over the side of my lavish bed and brought myself up to a stand. "Can you help me get ready? I should attend tonight's dinner," The words departed from my mouth, much to my dismay.

   Zaylia sent me a confused glance before quickly nodding and scurrying off to find assorted linens and jewels. "The green gown and the gold cuffs or the deep blue one with your silver bracelet?" She questioned from behind a wall of canvas.

   I thought for a moment, running each dress through my head and internally examining the contents of the threading and shades that the wrinkles would cast. "Blue, but no jewelry." I hated the feeling of bracelets; they felt as handcuffs would, bringing light to the fact I was imprisoned in a sea of judgmental people and cruel words.

    Zaylia had popped from around the corner with the linens draped over open arms as the layered material with intricate threading wavered in her glide closer to me.

   I can do this; I can venture out of my comfort.

>>>>

    I can't do this.

   Every eye in the room was trained towards me. Some were curious, others were excited and the rest were skeptical. I knew half of them had scanned my body within the two minutes I had been standing here, examining my hips or waist in question of if I was suitable of baring sons for the prince.

    "Your Highness," a strong males voice rung from behind me, cushioning me from the anxiety of the masses of people and leaving it to a singular confrontation.

    I lifted my head around over my shoulder and found a young Dwarve with Brunette locks and a beard in the making. His bone structure was something to fawn over and his presence somewhat secured me; this was a chance to make allies.

   "Yes?" I lifted a brow and tugged a partial smile.

   He bent down into bow with both hands behind his back and brought his structure back up as a smile played along his lips. "Kili," he introduced himself.

   Then, pivoting my body around to completely face him, I blocked the rest of the party out by curtsying low to his majesty. "Fili's younger brother, I've heard much of you in my kingdom." I awkwardly smiled once I stood back up.

    A deep laugh escaped from him and he brought a hand up to scratch his stubble. "He is only five years my elder, don't hold it over me. I am twice the archer and posses more romance than he can fathom." He simpered, using what seemed to be a natural charm as his methods of greeting.

    I focused my gaze on the marbled flooring that must have been recently cleaned, since I could see the outlines of shadows and the reflections of the beamed ceiling as I softly smiled. The first genuine inkling of happiness sent a crimson color to my cheeks. "I wouldn't doubt it for a second," I said, looking back up to meet his entertained expression.

   Our smiles lingered for a selection of seconds before an assemblage of music arose, forcing all heads to turn in the direction of latterly open doors. For a split second, the entirety of eyes were focused on the intruding bodies of the king and his heir, until they glanced back to me with dubious definitions upon their faces. "Excuse me." Kili said, taking another formality with an arched back downward before straightening and departing from my side.

   I must have looked lost, standing alone in a room of jolly figures; a mere foal caught in a windstorm with no contentment to be grasped.

   Most went back to their small talk or jokes as the royals made slow rounds circling the room soon after, but I stood solitary since Kili had slipped away moments previous. "So, you're the princess from Belegost." I curiously turned my head with widened eyes to reveal a women Dwarve, no older than me.

   She scanned me, as most have this evening, before bringing her gaze upward and resting it on my own with a soft smile. I nodded slowly, "Yes, and you are?" I trailed off, expecting her response as an self introduction.

   "It matters not, I was merely curious as to whom would eventually be sitting upon the throne beside my childhood companion." Both hands were mingled together in front of her and a blank yet smirky aspect upon deep red lips played a visit. "Looks as though there's nothing to fear." The women knew what she wanted and frightened me to a small degree by the way she approached and presented herself as a higher stature. 

   I opened my mouth to respond, but she was already gliding away towards a gathering of (I would assume) significant characters. She managed a confusingly determined grimace over her shoulder in my direction before reaching her comrades and engaging in a chat with wide smiles and fond laughs.

   <><><<>><><>

  I AM SO SORRY IT SUCKS!!! I guess it isn't a good sign when you have writers block on your second chapter, but I have an outline and I need filler chapters.   Please, feel free to stop reading if it is horrendous, but I am still working out the kinks. AGAIN, I'M SO SORRY!!

   Dedication: @potterheadtothecore , because she is so nice and sweet and perfect and amazing. So yeah, thank you!!

  Remember, best idea / best comment gets a dedication(: