Chapter 15: Memories Of A Rider.

(Mer P.O.V)

I had returned to the Rider base that night after explaining the situation to Eyexa and making sure something was going to be done about it. She told me in secret that they would get their older brother to come and deal with it as he is an independent scientist currently working on rocks from a planet called Ciphon. I took slow breaths as I entered my room and looked around at the room set up for two. Two beds, two wardrobes, two safes... but now only one occupant.

I looked over at his bed and remembered the day we first got here. A bright flash showed me, my memories being played in front of me like a movie.

Joker: "Haha, this place is awesome Mer."

He jumped ass first onto the bed.

Joker: "This bed is mine, alright."

Mer: "Sure thing James, guess I have no say in the matter."

He was so excited when we first got here, to hear that we were going to be part of a rescue squadron, be out there saving people from the dangers of Durok technology.

Joker: "Henshin Ready!"

Mer: "Henshin!"

We both slipped cards into our devices, me into my belt and him into his gun.

-Kamen Ride-

-Kamen Ride-

-DECADE-

-DIEND-

Me and him were invincible, Kamen Rider of the strongest class and lead of the rescue squadron, And after it all we would meet up and discuss, well... anything.

Joker: "You were amazing today dude."

Mer: "It's our job James it isn't like I did anything extraordinary."

Joker: "Okay, tell me you did not just blow off killing 10 monsters in a single slash as just our job."

The smile dropped from my face. Those times didn't last, we were soon hit with the harsh reality of the war when news of our friend was brought to us, right here... in our sanctuary.

Commander: "Agent Diend, Agent Decade."

He walked over and opened the door to the commander.

Joker: "Yes sir?"

we both saluted but he Immediately motioned for us to be at ease.

Commander: "I have been instructed that these are to be delivered to you."

He presented us with several cards for our devices.

Commander: "One of our frontline agents was defeated in battle and instructed us to give you two their power specifically."

Our hearts were obliterated when we looked down at the cards to see the faces of Kamen Rider ooo's forms, all of them, TATOBA, GATTAKIRIBA, LATORARTA, SAGOHZO, SHAUTA, PUTOTYRA, BURAKAWANI, TAMASHI AND SUPER TATOBA. Not a single one was missing.

Mer: "Agent OOO... Angela..."

Our friend from even before the war had begun was gone and this was the proof, being shoved into our face as if it was just another day in the workplace.

That was the beginning of a downward spiral. After the defeat of OOO came the defeat of Kiva, the original W, Sky rider and Hibiki. Then, the worst thing I could possibly imagine.

Mer: (Through tears) "I don't care what you have to do, don't you dare let James die!"

Commander: "Decade please calm down, we are trying everything to save Diend."

I swung, punching the commander square in the jaw.

Mer: "His name is James and my name is Mer."

After that days went by where no news came and I continued to fight past my depressed state. just when things couldn't get worse.

Commander: "Decade..."

I looked to him as he moved away, revealing James stood behind him.

Mer: "J...James?"

The commander looked down and shook his head.

Commander: "We had to resort to the last resort."

James stood forward and held his hand out to me.

Joker: "Pleasure to meet you, I am project Joker, I look forward to getting to know you.

I grabbed the red marker on my table and opened the book of defeats to the page of Big one. Slowly I placed it to the page and drew a red cross through my once best friends face.

Mer: "Goodbye James... I'm sorry for everything.

Commander: "He is no longer compatible with the Diendriver."

He handed me the gun of Kamen Rider Diend.

I turned my book to the page of Kamen Rider Diend and stared at the one page I could never bring myself to cross out.

Mer: (Beginning to tear up) "James..."