'Genie?!!' he replied, wondering what sort of name this was. Nevertheless, he shrugged off the thought and opened the message. Upon viewing it, he became even more confused because it made no sense to him.

'Wow, that's my girl...you're quite the Panda!' the message said.

Yusuf stalled. Was the message supposed to be a compliment or an insult?!! As far as he knew, a Panda is characterised by its black-and-white colour; what could that mean in this context?? He felt a bit guilty for snooping like this, but he felt that there must've been a reason why God had made her forget the phone there in the first place. So, seeing that he could make neither head nor tail of the last message, he scrolled upwards to view the previous messages.

The messages were a lot but he managed to scroll to what seemed to be the beginning of the conversations. He settled down to read thus:

'Hey girl', 'Genie' began.

'Yeah Jannah...how far', Sarah replied. 'Oh so that's her real name...' Yusuf mused as he continued scrolling.

'Everything's cool here and you?' Jannah, a.k.a Genie continued.

'Well, I'm kinda fyn bt a bit lonely...' Sarah replied. At this Yusuf's interest perked up – What was she talking about? He continued reading.

'Lonely hunh? Where's ur prince?'

'He's not around... (crying emoji)' At this, Yusuf smiled inwardly as he momentarily forgot that he was mad at her; so she had missed him...

'Whaaaat? Where's he?'

'Off to Maiduguri on some official assignment or something...'

'Oh...yeah? I bet u spend hours on d phone then'

'Duh...I barely hear from him' Yusuf started feeling guilty; was that really true? His guilt increased as he remembered that it was.

'C'mon u ar joking...ryt?' Jannah queried further.

'No I'm not...he's become somehow detached since his departure...' Yusuf stalled – was his detachment really that obvious???

'Hmm...good thing u have backup then' Yusuf was confused at the word 'backup' before reality finally dawned on him...was she cheating???

'Yeah gal...lots of backups! (Smirk emoji)' At this, Yusuf's face fell. She was certainly cheating!

'Hahahaaa...Indeed!'

'Yeah...life is to be enjoyed, y'know!'

'Yeah I get it...but seeing u with 'Y' one would think you're a completely faithful fiancé!'

'Hhhhh...one has to keep up appearances nau!' At this Yusuf felt as if he should stop reading...So she had been playing him all along?!!

'Yeah I admire your courage...but why are you still holding onto him if you don't really love him?' Yusuf sighed; this was a question which he also needed answers to.

'Well, y'know I once really thought I loved him...but it was just obsession and it has passed!' Yusuf groaned inwardly. He'd been deceived but he was ready to put an end to this damn thing!

'Then why are you still with him? Some of us are jealous y'know!'

'Hhhhh yeah I know...I'm just one that doesn't want anyone near what I want...plus, I always get what I want and he's no exception!' This reply infuriated him further – the egoistic confidence annoyed him!

'Are u really gonna marry him?'

'Of course! See if I don't...' Yusuf smirked as he read the msg. Oh she's soooo going down!

'Hahahaaa...really?'

'Yeah he's good Marriage Material...plus, I can get my fun elsewhere if I want!' 'Good Marriage Material...?!!' Yusuf mused, 'What the hell!'

'Wow, that's my girl...you're quite the Panda!'

And that was the end of the conversation. When he finished reading it, he was already livid as the weird figurative meaning of 'Panda' became clear to him. His teeth gritted in anger. Sarah must not get this one thing she's so bent on getting; he'll see to that...so help him God!

A/N: Hope you understood the slangs...Happy reading!

Tell me - what do you think of Sarah and her friend? Do you think this kind of situation happens in real life??

Don't forget to vote, share and comment!