14. The Competiton And The Breakup

So I've decided to enter the Fanfiction competition.

I worked really hard for almost six hours typing up the entirety of one of my previous chapters again and adding nearly 2000 words! It's almost 4000 words now.

The finished version has been published and it will mean the world to me if you go and check it out. I think a lot of you will enjoy it.

Here's a link: It's called, Finally Eternally Infinitely.

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/GTKfSccQ2E

I hope you can check it out.

Now here's a little short of a modern day Lillian and Rikkard, I hate posting little authors notes by themselves so I added this 300-200 word short below.

Thanks for 12K reads! It means the world to me.

•••

No Particular POV:

The air was heavy with tension, the remains of a romantic meal scattered all over the small dinning room table of the spacious London apartment.

Their eyes locked as they stared at each other on the sofa sitting far away from one another.

He sighed resisting the urge to run his hands through his hair as she twirled her thumbs on her lap.

"I-" He started shakily scooting timidly towards her.

Lilly shook her head immediately silencing him. "Not yet, I can't hear it yet."

He nodded silently.

They watched each other carefully and then their eyes travelled around the living room of their apartment.

The table they built, the window they would look out of and the multiple sofas that they'd had sex on. All of it was theirs.

Yet something was off.

Something didn't quite click in their relationship recently, the spark had begun to die.

They'd tried. They really had, two years was a long time to just settle with someone.

It's just as easy to fall out of love as it is to fall in love.

As they grew they up they became different people. They adapted to their natures and tried, they really did but sometimes I just doesn't work.

"I'm sorry."

His voice was as strong and cold as ever but his eyes held all his fear and regret.

Lilly just nodded.

"I never meant to hurt you, it was all an accident."

She nodded solemnly again as he stood and walked towards the door.

Just as he was turning the handle Lilly said three words, eight letters that stopped his heart.

"I love you."

He only smiled and walked away closing the door softly behind him. The sound echoed through the empty apartment.

Then she sat down and burst into tears.

•••

- Belle