4. Ironic Flowers

No particular POV:

It is definitely not historically accurate but I wanted to write something a bit more upbeat and happy because the last chapter seemed a bit, well, very depressing...

The irony of the situation at hand was wonderful.

Lilies everywhere. An arrangement of reds, pinks, deep majestic purples, all of them beautiful and not to mention very, very expensive.

It drove a certain stone, cold miser ballistic.

He pondered how much money would have had to be spent on downright boring decorations such as flowers that it physically hurt him to think about the cost of this wedding.

All for one special, beautiful, ferocious ifrit by the name of Lillian Linton.

His finger tapped a staccato on his leg and he though wishfully what lay in his future.

His finger tapping is the most emotion he will probably ever show us.

It was sunny, well as sunny as it was going to get in Britain. It's either cloudy with a side order of rain, raining so heavily that you feel like the rain is trying to drown you or unbearably hot.

Unbearably hot at 10 degrees that is. In Britain heat winter sometimes feels like it lasts all year. It's only hot June, July, August.

That's why it's a summer wedding. Lillian didn't want to freeze on her wedding day and for some unfathomable wanted an outdoor wedding.

Rikkard paced back and forth under the floral arch inspecting the lilies. He was still pondering how much money it must have cost for them to purchase this floral arch.

Four hours. He grimaced his life would change in four hours. Of course he was beyond nervous.

He looked out across the forest in front of which the rather extravagant wedding was to be held and sighed, he wondered what Lillian was doing right now.

His cold gaze wandered over to the little cottage situated near where the ceremony was to be held.

Rows upon rows of white plastic chairs decorated in lilies stood before him. Each soon to hold a guest of some importance in society.

Courtesy of Lillian's gold digging aunt of course. Lillian wouldn't dream of inviting so many boring people whom only want to came to celebrate they're special day to just boost their status.

Between the chairs were tiny little flower petals that littered the walk way. The shine shone on them as they sparkled and danced in the light.

Beyond the chairs and quaint little flowers lay the cottage. A smile thing not to far from London, making it easy for Lillian to get back and forth from work if needs be.

It had a beautiful kitchen and a library that Lillian loved.

Two spare rooms lay upstairs alongside they're master bedroom. Two spare rooms to hopefully hold children in the future.

The master bedroom had huge windows that bathed the room in light in the morning. Something that Lillian loved but her fiancé hated.

She had never really been an early bird.

Pain was all Lillian felt as Ella pulled the strings of her corset tighter.