5. What Could Have Been

No Particular POV:

It was a normal day in the Empire house.

Well as normal as you can get with a stone cold business tycoon and a very passionate feminist dressed as a man working as his secretary.

Not as professional as they appear may I add. Things, terrible things, happen inside the walls of these offices. Hot and heavy things.

Thank god the office walls are sound proof. Some workers may find some of the sounds very, very disturbing.

Not for the first time today Rikkard Ambroses thoughts wandered towards those hot and heavy things.

His thoughts are anything but professional let me tell you that. They are dirtier than the River Thames.

Cue the shivers.

He had a surprise in store for his little ifrit, if she ever actually turned up in time.

Dong.

Not long now she's speed walking through the door.

Dong.

She's nodded quickly and slightly sarcastically at swallow face on the front desk.

Dong.

The first flight of steep stairs.

Dong.

Dong.

Dong.

Dong.

"Good morning Mr Linton."

"Morning Mr Stone."

The sound of her office door opening and closing sent Rikkards cheap but sturdy pen off on the piece of slip paper situated in front of him.

Mr Linton,

My office immediately

Rikkard Ambrose.

The distinct ping could be heard very softly through the walls of the office.

Though he never would admit it Rikkard enjoyed the little notes he and his male secretary shared with one another.

Dear Mr Ambrose,

If you actually gave me a few minutes to sort YOUR mail I would have been in your office shortly.

I remain

Sincerely Yours

Miss Lilly Linton

An involuntary twitch of his lip was the only emotion that over came his face as he stared at the words, sincerely yours, they were words he wished would come out of her mouth standing at an alter.

His finger fiddled with the ring in his pocket as he waited for Lilly to come through the office door.

Knock.

"Come in Mr Linton."

Lilly barged through the door hands clasping sealed envelopes.

"Here you go."

"Respect Mr Linton."

She huffed under her breath hoping that he didn't see her eyes roll.

Of course he did. It takes a lot for something to slip past Rikkard Ambrose.

That's why he wouldn't let his little ifrit slip through his fingers.

"Here you go, sir."