Chapter 26: His Own Desire

After scouting the mess that was made admist the fight, I came to the conclusion that the only noticeable damage done was the vase I hit. It was now broken into various shards.

Once I felt like I had more energy, I grunted out of annoyance as I carefully picked up the shards and transferred them to a disposable bag. After setting the bag down, something dawned on me. The fight was loud and it would've definitely gotten the attention of my brother and father. Without thinking, I quickly called my father's phone.

"Hello?" My father answered shortly, causing me to exhale out of relief.

"Hey, Dad. Are you and Ander out of the house?" I questioned out, curiously.

"Yeah, Ander needed new soccer cleats so we decided to get them then grab some dinner. Is everything okay at home?" My father replied before skeptically interrogating me.

"Yeah... I just wanted to let you know I accidentally broke the vase by the front door. I uh accidentally knocked it over because I was startled while entering the house," I quickly lied to him, feeling guilty. It was better to lie then to tell him the truth. He would freak out if he knew I was attacked.

"What startled you? Are you sure everything is okay?" My father questioned out, clearly unconvinced by my words.

I smoothly lied, " I had forgotten my jacket in my date's car and he brought it to the doorway and accidentally startled me."

I heard my father sigh out of annoyance over the phone before finally responding, "Well...Thanks for telling me. Your brother and I will be home in a few hours, by the way."

"Okay. I'll probably be going to bed early, so I'll talk to you in the morning," I replied softly, still feeling guilty.

"Alright. Good night." My father replied in a soothing manner.

I wished him a good night then hung up the phone. After placing my phone in one of my pant pockets, I moved over to the front door and made sure it was locked. I then proceeded to head to my room and changed into some grey sweats and a black cami top before I continued to get ready for bed.

When I was washing my face I heard my phone buzz. I quickly rinsed off the foaming cleanser that was on my face then proceeded to dry my face before grabbing my phone. It was Damon calling me. Without hesitation I answered his call.

"Damon, did Stefan tell you?" I questioned out, wondering if I needed to catch him up to speed.

"Yeah. Shortly after he told me, we were flanked by vampires from 1864. We managed to stake one but the other got away," Damon explained tiredly. His voice was gruff and I could tell those vampires had put up a good fight.

I exclaimed out of confusion, "But the tomb-"

"Something went wrong in your witchy friend's spell. They're all out," Damon grimly explained.

"Well, it seems one of them was invited into my house because they were able to attack me from inside. Who knows how many others were invited too," I worriedly fretted.

"That brings me to one of the main reasons why I called you. It would give me peace of mind if you'd let me spend the night. Just to make sure you don't get attacked again," Damon explained.