Chapter 10: Vampire

I woke up to the sound of a crackling fire and loud footsteps. My body bolted up and I found myself still in the cemetery.

Out of horror, I gasped. Damon was dragging the bodies of everyone at the party and putting them into a fire. I felt sick to my stomach. He killed them all. Why was this happening? What kind of monster is he? If he's a monster that must mean that Stefan is one too... This means that Elena's in danger.

I searched my pocket frantically for my phone but couldn't find it. I had to get out of here and get help. As he was pouring alcohol on the bodies I slowly got up and backed away with my hand on my mouth, trying my best not to cry.

As I stepped backwards I bumped into a tree which alerted Damon's attention. His head snapped in my direction. At that moment I could no longer hold my tears back and they slowly trickled down my face. I let out a muffled cry, with my hand still on my mouth.

He sped over to me in an instant in such an inhuman manner. Quirking his head to the side, he looked at me thankfully as he spoke, "I never got the chance to thank you for letting me out." He looked less sick than he did earlier. Did drinking the blood of these innocent people heal him?

"Why-?" I managed to choke out, unable to continue the sentence. If there wasn't a tree behind me I would've backed out more but he boxed me in. Even with his calm presence, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to die.

He raised a brow at me in a way where he was asking me to elaborate on my question.

"Why... Am I not dead?" I whispered shakily, my eyes searching around for Vicki. I was unable to look at him. His presence was terrifying.

"My brother has something of mine and unfortunately I need to use you as leverage. I assure you that you'll live through this. I'm just sorry you had to see all of this." He gestured to the bodies before continuing, "When I'm hungry I get a bit...out of control," When he didn't receive a response from me, he backed away and pulled out a phone from the pockets of a dead body.

My eyes looked away from him and managed to spot Vicki. Her body was plopped carelessly on the ground.  I immediately ran to Vicki's body. "Vicki? Vicki?! Please don't be dead." I shook her by her shoulders but she wouldn't wake up.

I immediately felt for her pulse and found that she had one. It was hardly there though. I grabbed her hand and closed my eyes. I was slightly praying for my friend to be okay. I couldn't fathom losing her.

I heard Damon's low voice which caused me to turn  my head to see him talking on the phone. I silently listened to his phone conversation.

"I want my ring," I heard him declare. He paced around and took a swig of the vodka that he had been using to set bodies on fire. After he swallowed he continued,"I'm at the sizzler. I had the buffet. Where's my ring?"  My body shook when he said he had the 'buffet.'

My friends were his buffet. He assured me that he wasn't going to hurt me but I found it hard to believe, considering the fact that everyone was dead. Everyone but Vicki and I.

"No, what have you done? You're the one that locked me in the basement and starved me, so whatever I've done, whoever I've sucked dry, and whoever I have captive is on you, buddy," He continued after a pregnant pause.

As soon as he said that I was a captive, I was consumed with a wretched feeling that nobody would notice my absence. Part of me prayed that Vicki would wake up and I wouldn't be alone but another part of me didn't want her to suffer through this considering she had been attacked by an animal not too long ago.