Chapter 2: The Encounter

I honestly liked learning about history. My teacher however, I did not like. He went on about Virginia and usually I would be paying attention but the new guy was in our class. On top of that, Bonnie and Elena wouldn't stop texting about him in our group chat. As they were texting I briefly turned my head to see him. Coincidentally, he was looking at me.

I gave him the same smile from earlier and he returned it. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to get past the smiling and get to know each other. I'm probably not the only girl that wants to get to know him though.

After school I hung out at the Mystic Grill with my friend Vicki. Someone bailed on working their shift, so Vicki asked if I could step in. I agreed in the hopes that if did I'd get a bit of cash. Needless to say if I knew there would be so much drama between her and Elena's brother Jeremy, I would've declined.

"Hey, what's your deal? I mean, summer you act one way and then school starts and you can't be bothered," He said following her, as she walked to me. She shot me a look that practically screamed "help me."

"Look, Jeremy, I really appreciate all the pharmaceuticals, but you can't keep following me around like a lost puppy," Vicki stated clearly annoyed. So Jeremy was her dealer...

"Wait... Those were from Jeremy?" I said, my mouth slightly dropping. Vicki shared some with me during summer saying it was a present from the guy she was sleeping with. I just figured it was someone older and not Jeremy.

"We hooked up a few times in a drug haze. It's over. You gotta back off before you ruin things between me and Tyler," Vicki snapped at Jeremy.

I felt bad for him. He seemed like he genuinely cared for Vicki and she was treating him like trash... I however, didn't want to jump into this argument. The last thing I want is for either of them to be mad at me, so I stayed quiet and went to leave when my shift was done.

On my way out I found Bonnie and Matt sitting at a table, so I joined them. "Hey guys," I said and everyone said 'hi' back before continuing their conversation.

"Has she said anything about me?" Matt asked, clearly talking about Elena. I put my hand on top of his and gave his hand a comforting tap.

Bonnie murmured to Matt, "Give it some time okay?"

Of course, right when she said that Elena walked into the Grill with the new guy. "More time, huh?" Matt said bitterly. I retracted my hand from his, slightly startled. Matt quickly got up and headed over to them with his chest puffed out and his head held high.

"Oh boy," I said before exhaling.

Shortly, everyone gathered around the table Bonnie and I were sitting at and we all started conversing. It was mainly Caroline drilling the new guy, whose name was Stefan, with many questions. I swear, she was infatuated with him. But then again, who wasn't?

I tuned out most of it but got interested when she mentioned the party that was going on tomorrow, "So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."

"It's a back to school thing at the falls," Bonnie added cheerfully.

"It's going to be so much fun!" I chirped, hoping he would come.

"Are you going?" Stefan asked Elena as if her attendance would effect whether or not he would go. Not going to lie, it was cute.

"Of course she is!" Bonnie stated before Elena could say anything.

As the conversation died down I got up and said, "Well, I've got to head back home. My brother is probably wondering where I am. I will see all of you tomorrow!"