Chapter 17: Logan Fell

Before I went to school I noticed there was a package at the front door with my name on it. When I opened it there was an old compass and a note. The note said:

Arina,
If you're willing to help me it would be great if you could keep this compass hidden on you until further instruction.
-Damon

I flipped the note over and saw that he put his phone number on it. I stuffed the compass in my backpack and texted the phone number on the paper. I sent a text message saying, "Got your package. I'll help."

Shortly I received a reply that said, "After you get out of school use the compass and follow where it leads you. Notify me where you end up going."

I anxiously speculated what was so special about the compass as I drove to school.

When I got to school, I found Bonnie walking alone down the school hallways. "Hey Bon-bon!" I beamed, attracting Bonnie's attention. She shot a smile my way and walked over to me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She inquired, genuinely concerned.

"I'm feeling better. How are you doing? I'm assuming Elena told you everything." I replied, feeling slight animosity when I said Elena's name.

Bonnie noticed my animosity but didn't mention anything about it. She instead replied, "Yeah she told me everything and broke down crying. She explained to me she felt that she had no one to talk to about it."

I stared at Bonnie in shock. I knew about the Salvatore brothers. Elena could have confided in me but she chose not to. For whatever reason Elena didn't want to lean on me, one of her best friends, for help. I attempted to compose myself and hide the hurt as I softly questioned out, "Did she tell you that she had Damon compel me?"

Bonnie's eyes widened and she awkwardly replied, "She did...How did you get your memories back?"

I stared at Bonnie and plainly answered, "Damon." This earned a worried look from Bonnie. I scoffed and bitterly continued, "Did she ever say if she was going to give me my memories back? Or did she plan on keeping me in the dark like Jeremy?"

Bonnie looked at me sadly and placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "I don't know. For the record, I don't agree with what she did."

"Who do you not agree with?" Elena chimed in, cheerfully joining the conversation. She was oblivious to the fact that we had been talking about her.

Bonnie quickly lied, "Caroline. I don't like the outfit she wore today."

"I haven't seen her yet. What was she wearing?" Elena questioned, buying Bonnie's lie. I felt bad that we were dragging Caroline into this. However, it was clear that neither Bonnie or I was ready to sit Elena down and tell her that she can't go around making decisions that aren't hers to make.

I spotted Caroline walking down the hall with Matt and discreetly pointed them out to Elena. "She's right there," I commented, still feeling bad that we were talking trash about Caroline's outfit. I honestly liked what she was wearing today. I thought the black and white plaid skirt she was wearing was cute.

Looking over at Elena, I noticed how she looked surprised to see Caroline and Matt together. She looked back at Bonnie and I and questioned out, "Did I miss something?"