Chapter 20: I Care About You

I grimaced in pain as I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I couldn't move and scanned my surroundings to see that I tied to what felt like a ladder. I looked down and saw that I was hanging from tank. I came to the conclusion that I was at some kind of electrical building.

As I looked down, I saw my kidnapper and realized he was the man that I saw Bree talking to when Damon and I left the bar. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement and noticed that it was Damon rushing over from a distance.

As Damon got closer he noticed I was tied up and looked me with concern. Right when I put together what was happening I shouted out, "Damon, it's a trap!"

He was too focused on heading over to untie me that he didn't see my kidnapper attack him from the side with a wooden plank. When Damon fell to the ground the man violently whacked Damon repeatedly.

"What the hell?!" Damon shouted between grunts at the man.

"No! Please stop!" I hollered out, horrified by what I was witnessing. I struggled against the tight rope that bound my hands together. Frustration and an overwhelming amount of anger washed over me as I struggled.

Seeing Damon get beaten to a pulp, unable to get up and defend himself snapped something inside of me. The rage in me intensified when I saw the man began to pour gasoline on Damon. He was going to set Damon on fire.

I screamed with all the energy I had in my body, "Get off him!" Something powerful traveled with my words. It caused the ground to make loud rumbling noises. In a split second, I stared in shock as what looked like giant roots shot out of the ground and dashed across it. 

They crashed into the man, causing him to be sent flying backward. I felt the rope that bound my hands together split apart, allowing me drop down from the tank and rush over to Damon.

Damon's eyes were wide like a bug's as he stared at me in a way I had never seen him look at me before. Sadness washed over me from the sight of Damon's bruised and bloodied face. He looked like he wanted to say something to me but instead focused his attention on the man who had tried to kill him.

I watched as Damon used his vampiric speed and got over to my kidnapper in a second. He then stomped on the man's chest and through gritted his teeth he snarled, "Who are you?"

"That's perfect! You have no idea," My kidnapper spoke venomously, with a bitter grin etched onto his face.

"What are you talking about? What did Damon do to you?" I loudly questioned out.

The man looked at both Damon and I and bitterly yelled,"He killed my girlfriend. What did she do to you, huh? What did she do to you?!" The man flipped Damon over and tightly gripped Damon's throat.

I heard Damon choke out, "N-Nothing."

While Damon knew who the man was taking about, I still found myself in the dark. "Who was your girlfriend?"

The man grabbed his baseball bat, which was nearby, and harshly explained, "My girlfriend went to visit Stefan, and Damon killed her. Got it?"

My kidnapper's eyes were watering and I watched in horror as he began to strike Damon with his baseball bat. He then kicked Damon right in the face, causing his head to hit the ground hard. If Damon was human, the kick would've possibly caused brain damage.

"Lexi? Lexi was your girlfriend? My friend Elena told me about you. She said that you were human," I quickly spoke, getting closer to Damon and Lexi's boyfriend.

"I was," The man reiterated, his face was vehemently shaking and a single tear dribbled down his face as he glanced at me. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a packet of matches.