Chapter 7: Founders Party

•

Before heading to school Ander insisted that I should watch the news so I did. Surprisingly the headline was: "Deadly beast captured. All is well in mystic falls." That News reporter Logan Fell interviewed Liz Forbes. She said it was a 12-foot puma mountain lion. Needless to say I was happy. It meant that Vicki and Matt would get closure knowing that the animal was caught.

After school I received a text from Bonnie. She told me that her and Caroline were going to the mystic grill for lunch and that they wanted me to join. Obviously, I agreed. However, part of me silently hoped that Caroline would be a bit nicer today.

            ⋆

As we walked into the Mystic Grill, Caroline mentioned that she was taking Damon to the founders party. I had to force myself to give her a smile as I congratulated her.

Internally I was worried. What happened between Damon and I the other night freaked me out. It was almost as if my self restraint that I was prideful of, had almost vanished entirely. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if I had kissed him. What made things worse was that Damon made it clear that he wasn't into Caroline. Why is he leading her on?

Bonnie didn't hesitate to complain. She whined out, "You're taking Damon to the founder's party? What about me?"

"Go with Elena." Caroline suggested as the three of us sat down.

"She's asking Stefan." Bonnie replied with annoyance.

"I'll go with you Bonnie, I don't have a date either." I said giving her a smile.

"That sounds great." Bonnie smiled back. 

"Is your mom okay with you bringing Damon?" I asked Caroline. I know Liz and she would not approve of Damon.

"And I'm supposed to care why?" Caroline said sassily as she set her bag down.

I just raised a brow at her then opened a menu and looked through the options. I looked back up at her after a moment had passed and tried to explain, " It's just...He's-"

"He's older sexy danger guy." Bonnie cut me off and finished my sentence for me.

"Older sexy danger guy? Is that an official witch twitter tweet?" Caroline rudely joked.

"No more witch jokes, okay? That whole Mr. Tanner prediction thing has me freaked. " Bonnie said seriously.

Mr. Tanner had died and Bonnie had predicted it. She's been freaked out ever since.

"Okay. And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama." Caroline confessed. I leaned in to hear more. Sounds like she knows more than she's telling.

"Like...?" Bonnie asked, equally as curious as I am.

"I'm not really supposed to say anything," Caroline admitted.

"Caroline, when have you ever kept a secret in your life?" I asked. Her whole life she has always blabbed about everyone else's secrets. She chooses now to be the time to change that?

"Okay. But you guys can't tell Elena," Caroline said firmly.

"Go on," I said, knowing that Bonnie was most likely going to tell Elena.

"Okay, Damon and Stefan dated this girl, Katherine. Only she chose Damon. It drove Stefan mad to the point where he did horrible things to try and break them up. He manipulated Katherine. He filled her head with all these lies until finally it worked, and she turned against Damon," Caroline said seriously .