The One with the Doubts (Denmark)

This was supposed to be part of an engagement-then-wedding story with lots drama and more shout outs to my favorite films and TV shows. But oh, well. ENJOY!

@_margaritamartija this is not it, but don't worry, I'm working on it. In the meantime, please enjoy this drabble :D

Mathias Kohler had everything in the world that many people would give up their souls for: A career that he loved, the looks of a swimsuit model, and his soulmate by his side. But then came the day that he dreaded the most, the day when he knew that his perfect world would be ruined.

He had to ask his fiancée for a prenup.

It wasn't his idea; it was his mother's, who had died in a car accident when he was still in college. She was a smart woman, but also pragmatic. It was her last wish that her only son—should he decide to get married in the future—must have his partner sign a prenup, the reason being that Mathias came from a long line of blue bloods and had much to inherit once his terminally ill father passes away.

"I said this before Mathias, but why don't you just ignore Auntie's request? I'm sure that she's been watching you all this time and knows how much you and Name are in love." Proposed Lukas (fellow lawyer and Mathias' cousin on his mother's side, who could be just as pragmatic) as he spread butter over his slice of toast.

Mathias made a face, "I don't want to think my mother has been watching me all the time, that's gross"

Lukas rolled his eyes.

"But anyway, you know it's not just mom—dad also wants a prenup. I love Name. I trust her, but I... I made a promise to my parents, Lukas." His agreement on the entire thing was spur-of-the-moment, brought on by raw emotion after cutting political science to hurry to the hospital. He didn't see himself in a position to deny his mother any request. (Plus, he was too busy keeping his father away from the whiskey and finishing college to worry about his love life then.)

"I just don't know what I'm gonna do."

"Better make your decision now" Lukas said over his coffee.

Mathias tilted his head.

"Name is here."

"What?" Mathias swung his head so fast he almost fell off his seat.

You got out your recently-bought Bentley and hurried inside the café to share the news. But first, you bent down to give Mathias a chaste kiss on the cheek, earning an eye-roll from the extremely anti-PDA Lukas.

"Morning" Mathias kissed you back, causing Lukas to glare, which of course, he didn't even notice "You're up early; doesn't today's shift starts at five?"

"Yes, but" You sat down between the two, your smile on the verge of tearing your skin "I have some excellent news. Arin called me this morning" Arin was Name's friend and their wedding planner, "Remember that wedding venue we wanted but couldn't have because it was already booked, with the artificial lake that looks like the one in The Little Mermaid's Kiss the Girl scene?"

Mathias nodded; he and Name had spent two hours comforting each other under the blankets when they found out they couldn't get married there.

"Well, she told me the place's now free for us."

Mathias grinned, "Really?"

"Apparently, the groom caught the bride baking cupcakes with his brother, if you know what I mean"

"That's great! I mean, for us"

Mathias leaned down, but before he could kiss you on the lips, Lukas interrupted. "The Little Mermaid?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.