The One with the Wedding (Germany)

"You know..." I glanced at my fork.
   Gilbert glanced up from his plate of sausages and scrambled eggs to look at me "Yeah?"
   "Kiss is Swedish for 'pee'"
   He stopped chewing "So?"
   I shrugged "Just thought I'd share it"
   The diner bell rang and Mathias walked over to our usual booth, "Hey"
   "Hey" Gilbert and I replied.
   I moved closer to the wall to give him room.
   "So where's Alfred?" He asked before raising a hand to catch the waitress' attention.
   "I dunno. He's usually here by nine"
   "Do you think he finally did it?"
   "Did what?" Gilbert asked.
   "Maybe. He seemed pretty serious" I ignored Gilbert.
   "Serious about what?"
   Mathias tapped the wooden surface of the table "I wonder. I just hope he didn't chicken out"
   "Why? What is it?" Gilbert leaned over the table.
   I shrugged and picked up my glass "I hope so"
   "Goddammit, what are you two talking about!" Everyone in the diner glanced over to our direction. I glared at Gilbert while Mathias raised his eyebrows.
   "You mean you don't know?"
   "Know what?"
   Mathias snickered "Can you believe this guy? He doesn't know"
   Gilbert jumped over the table, causing Gilbird to fall off his shoulder. Luckily the bird could fly despite the size of its wings.
   "Tell me now, Dane!" Gilbert had Mathias by the collar.
   "Geez, all right" Mathias cackled "Alfred is--"
   The bell rang again, "I'M GETTING MARRIED!" Alfred raised both fists in the air.
   I choked on the milk I was drinking at his spectacular entrance. It was a good thing everyone was too fixated on Alfred; congratulating this stranger who just burst inside the diner and disrupted their breakfast.
   Hanging out with these three had its ups and downs.
   "All right, Alfred, my man--Congratulations!" Gilbert and Mathias walked over to Alfred and did that guy thing where you smack your hands together and pull each other in for a hug.
   "Congratulations, dude" I put my arms around Alfred's torso "Looks like you didn't chicken out"
   He shook his "Nope, and now I'm finally going to get married!"
   "Okay, no need to shout it every time you tell us" I said and rubbed my ear. Alfred laughed and hugged me tighter.
   "So" Gilbert began. "If you're gonna get married..."
   "...Who's going to be your best man?" Mathias finished.
   Alfred laughed louder "You know, um. About that. Funny thing is..." The two men stared "I-I decided to let dudette choose for me" My eyes widened when Alfred grabbed both my shoulders and hid behind me.
   "What? No way. I'm not gonna do that" I started to protest.
   Alfred quickly whispered to my ear: "I'll buy you all the newest video games for the next two years"
   I then turned to Gilbert and Mathias "You two walk with me"

___

I pushed the door bell and waited as I managed to keep myself preoccupied with irritation at how disgusting I felt like. I didn't wait long though as Ludwig came to answer the door.
   "Oh, Ludwig. I didn't realize you were in the states, too" Gilbert and the others often traveled from country to country because of work.
   "Someone has to take care of my brother" He said and I laughed like an idiot because I thought it was a joke. But then I saw the way he cocked his brow and I was hit with the realization that Ludwig almost never jokes.
   I cleared my throat "A-anyway, is Gilbert home?"
   "Nein. He went out to buy some things. W-would you like to come in and wait for him?" He whispered his last sentence shyly. Ludwig and I were good friends but he was very awkward with anything that doesn't concern work.
   "Oh, yes!" I would jump at any opportunity to be in his company, but then I remembered something, "I mean no, no"
   He looked hurt.
   "I mean I'd love to but as you can see" I gestured over my drenched boots and all the rest of me, "It was raining cats and dogs when I walked here. I really don't want to be a bother so I'll just come back later"
   I spun around but was stopped when Ludwig yelled "Wait!"
When I faced him he blushed and hesitated but quickly regained his composure by clearing his throat "I mean no. It's fine, you can come in"
   I decided to accept his offer--Out of politeness, of course! It'd be rude to refuse.
   "Have a seat, Name. I'll go get you a towel" Ludwig said after helping me out my coat.
   "Okay, thanks"
   Once I took a seat on the sofa, a golden brown came running towards me.
   "Oh, why hi there, Aster" I picked him up "I haven't seen you for a while"
   "Where are your brothers?" I scratched the back of his ears.
   "Back in Berlin" Ludwig came and handed me a towel which I took with a grateful smile. He sat down on a chair next to me "He snuck into one of my luggage bags and inside the jet"
   "Well then, you're a lot like your Uncle Gilbert, aren't you?" I cuddled him.
   "Speaking of Gilbert. If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to talk to Gilbert? He usually tells me when he has plans with you"
   I arched my eyebrows and in my chest my heart paused "With me?"
   His pale cheeks turned red and he immediately corrected his sentence "I-I meant you and... and the others. I always make sure I know who he's with in case of emergencies of course"
   My heart unpaused "Oh. Of course" I mumbled in disappointment but smiled "Like a good big little brother"
   Ludwig nodded.
   I let Aster put his paws over my chest as I held him up "You know you'd make a great husband someday, Ludwig"
   "Y-you're flattering me"
   "No, I'm serious. You're diligent, you're loyal, you're a great cook. Plus you're clean. That makes up the perfect resume if you ask me"
   Ludwig leaned over "You really think so?"
   It was my turn to lean. I put a hand over his knee "Of course I do"
   We mirrored each other's smile.
   "And I know that someday you and Feli will get married and have the perfect life together"
   His smile disappeared "What?" 
   "What?"
   "West, I'm home!" Well, looks like the King of the Hammy has arrived.
   Ludwig and I stood up, relieved to have escaped the awkwardness that would have come to us. For once, I was actually grateful for Gilbert's hamminess.
   "Do you think Name would prefer Swiss or Belgian chocolate?" Gilbert then saw me and cackled. "Well, speak of the Devil. Hope you two don't mind me interrupting"
   Then Ludwig and I started to protest, our words turning into salad as we came up with random explanations:
   "Oh no. We were just talking and..."
   "Really, I just couldn't let her leave in this weather and return and..."
   Gilbert just laughed "Whatever. Anyway, why are you here again?"
   "I just wanted to talk to you about the wedding"
   "Wait, wait, wait! Before you make any decisions" Gilbert pushed a stack of chocolates towards me "Here"
   "Wow. Thanks, I think"
   "Anything for my favorite girl" That was so fake. He and Mathias have been sending me random crap to get on my good side. Just last week I received thousands of dollars worth of jewelries from Mathias. And the week before that? Perfumes.
   They keep trying to buy me! I'm a little insulted but I'm going to milk the two idiots for all they're worth.
   "I still haven't made a decision, Gilbert. Now come on, we need to plan Alfred's bachelor party"
   "Anything you say, Name." I didn't notice the way Ludwig glared at his brother, the arm Gilbert had around my shoulder.