Taken and Mine (2P!America)

If you thought that the city was already terrifying during the day, imagine being a young woman walking on barely-lit streets and alleys all alone at night.

   Right now, you didn't need to imagine, you were already living the entire scenario.

   You never liked overtimes; that was why you made a point to always arrive early for work, but sometimes there are things beyond a human's control.

   You had wanted to call Jason, but you remembered that he had a family dinner to attend to, nevertheless, you left him a message telling him you were on your way home. Meanwhile, your friends had their own emergencies and had left two hours before you.

   Now it was 12:03 AM and you were trying your best not to panic as you walked down a rather shady part of town, which was almost completely empty, save for the homeless guy in front of an abandoned store, and the three guys hanging around a lamp post; each giving you a reason to be afraid.

   One wore a beanie and kept his hands in the front pockets of his worn-out cargo pants, the other wore a stained red hoodie and kept making rude gestures with his fingers, and the third in the black t-shirt just kept leering quietly.

   And then, you made the fatal mistake of making eye contact with one of the perverts.

   They slowly strolled towards you, not-so-subtly blocking your path.

   Beanie kept hitting on you, asking you all sorts of personal questions that, to say the least, made you extremely uncomfortable. However, you made sure to stay quiet. Talking would've encouraged them.

   Eventually, they'd get bored, but just to be safe...

   Reaching inside your bag, you kept your head bowed down and refused to look at any of them.

   "You look tired, come on, let's go buy you a drink."

   You couldn't stop the snort from leaving your system, much to your regret.

   All men, if one could these animals that, snarled, obviously insulted.

   "What was that? Did you just laugh at us?"

   You shook your head, keeping your knees bent.

   "No, you just did—what, you bitch think you're better just cause you have work and we don't?"

   You didn't have the courage (or degree of idiocy) to reply, "No, I don't think I'm better than you, but you are just assholes who could have easily found a job, but have clearly descended into brain-dead dicks."

   You pulled out your pepper spray and kneed Beanie in the groin before spraying Hoodie in the eyes. T-shirt grabbed you, but with just as much speed, you lifted yourself up and made sure your heels landed on each of his feet.

   "Bitch!" They all yelled, but you were long gone.

***

The following week, you got off work around ten, which was fine, but you made sure to call Jason to pick you up.

   When he returned to the condo unit you shared, you told him what happened and he was livid. He scolded you, going on and on about how you shouldn't be walking alone at night since the city was dangerous. But while he was angry at you, he was furious at the creeps who approached you.

   "I'll be waiting in the coffee shop across the street. Want anything?"

   "Coffee? Gross."