The Girl I Fell For (Denmark)

WARNING: Grammar errors, suicidal thoughts, and shades of depression.

To the Hetalians who are weird just like me. We are all a little weird and a little weird in our own special way, too. But don't worry, someday we'll find that one weirdo weird enough to be weird with us :3

"Dudette, you made it" I watched Alfred open his arms to welcome a new arrival "And you suited up. Way to go!"

It was a girl. Her straightened hair was brushed over her shoulder with a gold cross pin keeping any stray locks from covering her eyes. She wore a pink leopard-print skater skirt that rested on her waist and a long-sleeved ash-grey cotton shirt. Suited up indeed.

"Well, it is your birthday. Which reminds me" She lifted a small and rectangular gift to his face. White with cartoon stars, it was messily wrapped and the blue bow was obviously just taped on.

"Aw, sweet! Can I open it now?" Alfred grabbed it from her hands and began to shake it up and down even though it was clearly a book.

She chuckled "Go ahead, hero. It's your special day"

Alfred beamed and ripped both the white paper and the blue ribbon off in one swipe. Anyone could feel the surprise radiating off him "Creepshow?"

"One and two, on VHS. I thought maybe we could watch it sometime. Assuming you won't freak out and choke me, of course"

"Really, you'd watch it with me?"

She paused "Uh, no. See I was actually planning to just sit on the couch while you enjoyed George A. Romero and Stephen King's brainchild which cost me a week without Twix and a paper cut" I snickered. Now I understood how she and Alfred had so much chemistry.

Alfred cackled and wrung his arm around her neck, "C'mon, you need to meet some of my best bros"

They stopped by the bar where only I was present, well, save for the two sophomores making out a seat away. Alfred kept looking around. Without removing my eyes off his friend, I answered his unspoken question "Gilbert left with your baby brother a few minutes ago, if you know what I mean . . ."

The girl giggled while he made a face that said: "Dude, was that really necessary?" But then he shook the thought away "Anyway, dudette this is Mathias. Heir to the Kohler fortune" He said mockingly, though not insultingly.

"Nice to meet you, Mathias" She reached out, her French manicure starting to chip. When I shook her hand she told me her name and to be frank, I never forgot it once.

"I'd love to stay and chat but someone needs to be the DJ" Alfred patted her back and shot me a warning look that I've never seen before "All right, see you guys later" And off he went, leaving us alone. I then got up and offered her my seat, deciding to play the gentleman role and sit down next to the suck-your-throat-out duo.

"Can I get you anything to drink or . . . "

"Oh, no. I can't get drunk tonight" She waved off politely.

Then came the inevitable awkward silence between two strangers.

She kept playing with the gold bead necklace she wore, occasionally checking the inside of her bag which she put on her lap. I guess she wasn't as talkative as most people, well, mainly me. Not used to the empty air, I cleared my throat "So, uh... how do you know Alfred?"

"He and I attend the same PETA group. He almost died from a snake but I saved his sorry ass"

I felt my eyes widen "He got bitten by a snake?"