midnight thoughts {peter parker} prt. 1

430 words

The shadows on the wall danced as you tried your best to fall asleep, but it was useless. Your mind was fully awake thinking about Peter.

Your bestfriend, Peter, had finally told you that he was Spider-man. It had kept you awake for weeks now, thinking about how he risks his life for people who don't even know who is really under the mask.

You tossed and turned, but finally sat up. A tear dropped down your face, as a thoughts swirled in your mind.

You wiped the tear away, and got out of bed. You tip-toed over to the light switch, knowing if your parents heard you from downstairs, you really wouldn't get any sleep.

A soft knock on the window tore you from your thoughts. It was Peter, but he was in his suit.

"Peter, what are you doing here?" You whispered, opening the window, letting him in.

"I-uh, I heard you crying, and well, I thought I'd stop by to make sure you were alright." Peter stuttered, standing over you.

"You sure you weren't watching through the window the whole time?" You giggled a little.

"Uh." He paused.

"Right." You smirked, going to my bed and patting a spot for him. "I think I need some Spider-boy cuddles."

"Okay." He whispered. He pulled off his mask and sat it on your nightstand.

"So, why were you crying?"

"Well, I- you're Spider-man, and you could, you know, get hurt or even.." You trailed off.

"Y/N, I know. I didn't tell you so you'd worry about me. I told you because I care about you, and I want you to feel safe around me, because I'm kinda like your personal superhero." Peter sighed, looking down at you.

You stared into his dark eyes, looking for something that could give you courage to place your lips on his.

"I can't do this." Peter whispered, standing up, and turning toward the window.

"Can't do what?" You said harshly.

"This." He gestured between you and him. "I can't keep being your friend."

His eyes went wide when he realized what he said. "That's not what I meant-"

"Go." You said, your eyes welling up with tears.

"Y/N-"

"Peter, I will not repeat myself." You stood your ground as a tear escaped.

Moving toward you, he wiped the tear away with his thumb, before crawling out the window, and swinging away with his spiderwebs, leaving you crying in your room.

You crawled back into bed, crying yourself into a dreamless sleep.