He was so odd.

'One moment he'd merrily joke around and act childish, the next he would glare at me with those dark, menacing eyes as if he couldn't hold back his bloodlust for me.

It kinda hurt though.

To have someone so desperate to try and kill you; for them to think about the many different ways they could torture you and enjoy the cries of pain you would emit before your inevitable death.

I shook my head and let out at a heavy sigh. I was standing in front of my door and gazing down at the doorknob below me with a frown. I gently turned it and stepped inside my room to find the clown laying down on my bed. He had his arms crossed behind his head and his legs stretched across the mattress.

He looked bored, what with the way he kept staring at the ceiling with half-opened eyes. "What did I say about the staring?", he spoke suddenly and caused me to tense up. I reverted my gaze and instead focused on the red bean bag chair that was seated next to my bed. I sat down and stretched my legs too as I tightly held on to the music box.

"Why is this so important to you?"

The clown didn't turn around to look at me, he merely kept his gaze toward the ceiling. I couldn't make out his face and for some reason the silence was beginning to worry me. "Hmph... Well aren't you nosy", he responded coldly and didn't bother to turn and look at me.

"Well forgive me for wanting to know about the one thing that has caused you to want to kill me!" I shouted angrily and gripped the box more tightly. The clown hadn't flinched from my retort and he still remained emotionless. "The music box isn't the reason I want to kill you. It's just the only thing that's keeping you alive, don't get it confused doll."

My eyes widened at the clown's words and a little boy's innocent face suddenly flashed inside my head. "It's because I saved the boy isn't it? That's why you're so determined to kill me? Why does it matter anymore, you killed him anyway!", my eyes began to water at the memory of the police officers bursting inside my room that night and later informing me of the bad news.

I stood up from my seat and took a step forward to get a better look at the clown's face. "You not only killed him..! ...B..But you also killed his parents! What more do you want..?!", I shouted and held my arm against my eyes to rub the tears away. The clown continued to stare at the ceiling and for a split second, I saw him frown, but a smirk soon adorned his lips.

"Do you really think I'll ever get enough of killing? Then I wouldn't be much of a serial killer, now would I?", he said as he turned over and stared at me with his eyes twinkling with bloodlust. I lowered my arm and frowned at the clown's response.

I had suddenly stopped crying and now I was glaring back at the clown. "You're a monster..! I swear.... When I get the chance, I'm going to break this box!", I said, infuriated and angered by the clown that casually laid on my bed. My rage was overwhelming me and the wood under my palm was beginning to crack.

The clown's eyes widened as he noticed this and in a split second I found him pinning me to the ground with his face contorted in anger.

His muscular, lean body towered over mine as his claws pushed my shoulders against the floor. His weight was beginning to crush me and soon I was beginning to loosen my hold on the box. "We made a deal! I said I'd kill you if you broke my music box, didn't I?" His words caused my eyebrows to furrow and I gritted my teeth stubbornly. "Yeah? Well I doubt you'll let me live if I give it back, so what does it matter?! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't crush this stupid thing right now?!"