Captured

I doubled over in pain. Ganondorf was attacking me and those close to me through the magic that I had and my connections to them. Every time they were hurt, I was hurt even more, like a conductor.

He laughed maniacally, the sound bit into my skull. Oh no, Zelda. I could feel him reaching out to hurt my sister and brother. He could no doubt tell that I cared a lot for her.

In addition, I was tied to the post again, the whip ripping into my back again. The buffeting was getting to be too much. And thinking of my family made my head hurt even more.

I was trapped.

-_-_

"Move....and the kid dies," the Gerudo snarled, the knife in her hands moving closer to Ryan's neck.

Poler and I stopped dead in our tracks and looked at each other. Don't move. Don't move one muscle. Trying not to!

She saw the expressions on our faces and snorted. "I lied. He's gonna die anyway. Just like the rest of you."

"No!" I screamed, launching my magic at the woman. The knife flew from her hands into Poler's. He tossed it aside, tackling her and pushing Ryan back to me.

"Zelda," he whimpered. "Where are my parents, and Aryll, and....sniff..... And Link?"

I hugged the boy tightly. "They're..... They're safe." I felt terrible lying to him, but I would've felt worse telling him his brother and sister were being tortured.

Poler tied the Gerudo up and glared at her. "Where is Link?"

"With Ganondorf," she groaned, blood trickling down her chin. "In the ruins somewhere. I don't know. I was just ordered to keep you busy while Ganondorf finished with Link."

Finished with.... Oh no. Poler, knock her unconscious. Of course.

I covered Ryan's eyes as Poler's fist made contact with the Gerudo's jaw. She fell to the ground in a heap.

Poler, I need you to take Ryan back to the Sheikah Lands. I can't do that. I'm ordering you. Go. Now. I'll find Link. I..... Of course, milady.

Poler picked up Ryan and disappeared with a solemn nod. If you don't come back alive, I'm screwed. Not much I can do about that.

With forced confidence, I continued through the ruins, lost in thought. Ganondorf was undergoing some sort of.....ritual? And I needed to stop it. Alone. Without Saedi or Poler. Yay.

And I walked right into a trap.

-_-_

Zelda was forced to the ground of the collapsed room. She looked awful. Her eyes were wide with fear and her hair was tangled. She looked at me and a bit of the fear left her eyes.

Ganondorf grinned. "I knew it would work. Like a moth to the flame."

My eyes widened. I was beaten to a pulp, almost literally. He must have needed to break Zelda in addition to me to stop our quest.

He motioned for some guards nearby. They released me from the post, and my arms gratefully dropped to the side. I crumpled to the floor in a heap.

Ganondorf slid off of his throne, which had somehow remained intact. "Thank you, Zelda. I needed you here for the final moments of Link's miserable little life."

Zelda looked at me, her eyes full of fear. She stumbled forward to me and wrapped her arms around me. I tried to return the move, but my arms wouldn't move.

She took my face in her hands and gave me a quick kiss before she was dragged away by the guards. I was a pile on the floor and Ganondorf slowly walked toward me.

I felt the magic drain from me. I had never felt it before, but now it was leaving, I felt even more helpless.

He was standing up, looking down at me. He smirked.

"Heh, the pathetic hero fails yet again. Must be genetic."

I felt anger rush to my face, but I couldn't do anything except lie there motionless. Ganondorf rested his heavy boot on my face, intent to crush my head and be done with me. I grimaced and whimpered.

Zelda had tears running down her face. She was still restrained and fought her captors. "No, Link. Not you."

"Goodbye, hero. Any last words?"

I was too weak to say anything. I could feel the weight of his boot on my face. Zelda sobbed and there was nothing I could do to stop it.