Can't hold it in

I didn't sleep. No sleep, no sleep, no sleep.

He held my hand!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh. Deep breaths. Deeeeeep breaths.

He held my hand.

That sent my magic waves into overdrive, constantly messing up my senses and shooting tingles through my body. After a few hours of riding, my brain just gave up.

Too much magic, complained my brain. Too much Link. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep.

On Link? Yeah, sure, why not? Wait, what are you doing? Are you snoring on him? Oh goodness. Shut up. Remember: sleep.

Snore. Snore. Snore. Snore. Oh look, Zel. Cheese.

Curse those darn cheeses. I blame them for my current vulnerable emotional state. Seriously, I think I'm gonna snap soon. It's coming.

The sun shone right in my eyes and I sat up, groaning. Sheik was poking the fire with a stick. He handed me a package.

"From the Great Fairy. Get changed."

I ducked back into my tent and pulled the new clothes out of the package. Not jeans, sadness. It was....a chainmail tunic? What is this madness? It was green, with a white undershirt and leggings. Brown boots, a leather belt, and awww! a cute little green hat.

As I took my clothes off and slid into the new ones, someone knocked on my tent door. "Um, Zelda?"

"Ahhhhh! Don't come in, I'm changing!"

"Sorry!" Oh, my gosh, it was Link. I was almost tempted to let him in.... Yeah nope. "I'll just wait out here..."

I pulled the tunic over my head. "Come in."

He pushed the door back and sat down on my floor. "Wow, green chainmail tunic. Twins."

I punched his arm. "And metal gauntlets. So I can punch you and have it hurt."

"Thanks, Zel."

"Zel?"

He blushed. "Never mind."

"No, I like it! It's cute! Hmm, what should I call you?"

"BF?"

"Best friend? That works."

"No, I meant...."

"Oh! You meant boyfriend!" I teased, smiling at him.

"Maybe..."

"That," I said, bopping his nose. "Is adorable. Okay, BF, we gotta get to the Zora's Domain. Come on."

I pulled on one of my boots. The other one wouldn't get on! Zelda, what are you doing in there? We have to go? Hurry up! Sorry, bro. Lemme get my shoe on.

"Link?" I pointed to my boot. "Will you, um, help me?"

He grinned, taking my foot. He pulled a little bit harder than I wanted, and I ended up on the floor.

"Watch it, BF!" I whacked his arm. "That's my foot you're holding!"

"Sorry, Zel."

"I could kick you."

"Without your boot on it won't hurt much."

"Then put my boot! That's what I asked you to do!"

"Fine." He tickled my foot before sliding the boot on. I sighed, trying to hold back laughter.

"I keep forgetting you're six years old. Seriously."

"Hey!"

Sheik opened the tent door. "I can't believe you two. We need to go!"

I poked Link in the face with my foot before standing and walking out past Sheik. "I blame Link."

Sheik gave Link a "don't tick her off her magic is dependent on her emotions" face. What did he do? He tickled my foot. HE WHAT?! I told you. He tickled my foot. I know that, but why? I'm not gonna tell you. Be that way.

I mounted Epona, and Link and Sheik got on their horses. I nudged Epona closer to Sheik, making a face at Link.

"What happened?" Sheik asked, glancing back and forth between us.

"My BF ticked me off."

"YOUR WHAT?!" YOUR WHAT?!

"My best friend. What did you think?"

"Nothing," he replied calmly. "Just don't let this one argument break you two apart. Trust me, I have seen that happen to couples before."

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. We always fought as children."

"You still are children."

"You too? You're my guard, not my parent!"

"I can be whatever I want to be. Come on, Link!"

Link was cleaning up the last bits of our campsite, stuffing things into his magic bag. "I'm trying!" He ninja jumped into his horse. "Lead the way, Sheik."

He nodded, spurring his horse. "This way."

We followed Sheik for another few hours, then, we came to the edge of the Zora's Domain.