Mind Your Own Business

The cheese is so good.... Okay, Zelda, just no. No cheese. You need to think straight. Oh, hey, Sheik! Did you know cheese can fly? It's named Navi Cheese. It's a really weird flavor. Zelda. There is no Navi Cheese. You're hallucinating. Be quiet. Mind your own business. Hard to when you're screaming about Navi Cheese.

Man, what had those cheeses done to me? I felt lightheaded and dizzy, it hurt to move, and every time I sneezed something exploded. Please don't tell me this is what having magic is like, because this really sucks.

Thanks cheese.

My dreams were all centered around cheese, for who knows what reason. Sheik came in once and ate some cheese, then spat it out and walked away. Poor cheese. It didn't deserve that treatment. Then Link stumbled in and tripped over a piece of cheese. Poor Link. He didn't deserve that treatment.

Ugh. My head hurts. Don't remind me. Sorry cheese hater. Cheese hater? What the heck? None of your business.

When I woke up the next morning, I was in a tent.

"Where am I?" I asked aloud, sitting up and rubbing my neck. "Where did this tent come from? Am I still hallucinating, Sheik? Or is the tent real?"

I banged my head on a pole standing up. "Yup, it's real!"

Link poked his head in the tent. "Zelda, if you are gonna talk one more time about my cute green hat then we're gonna have a problem."

I was confused. "But you don't have a hat."

"Exactly."

"Oh."

He sat down next to me. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a wheel of cheese."

"Wha?"

"Sorry," I said tiredly. "I didn't sleep very well, and I think I'm still a little out of it."

"Why? You should've been plenty exhausted from the fairies restoring your magic."

I snorted. "Exhausted, yes. Sleep, no." I yawned, leaning on Link and curling up. "No sleep....."

Zelda! Wake up! You two are alone. Now's your chance. Tell him. Go away, Sheik. Mind your own business. You are my business. Tell him.

I closed my eyes, unaware that I was still leaning on Link. "Night, night, cheese fairies...." I mumbled. Soon I was fast asleep.

Zelda! You fell asleep on him!

Wha... What?

You are literally sleeping on Link! Get up!

My eyes shot open and I jumped. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry, I didn't mean to..."

Link blushed. "It's fine, I mean, its not every day that happens to me."

Tell him now, while he's like this. It'll be easier to take in.

"So, um, Link," I started, fidgeting with a loose string on my shirt. "There's something I need to ask you. It's about.......us."

His face got redder. "Us?"

"Yes, us."

"What about us?"

"Well, um, what do you think about us?"

He froze. It was actually kinda cute, heh, thanks Sheik. He just looked so confused. "Us?" He repeated.

"Yes. What do you think about us? Are we, oh, I don't know, a good match?"

This time the silence was longer. "A good match?"

"Yeah, you know, like a good couple?"

"Umm, I don't know how to answer that."

"A simple I think we're a good match is a good answer."

"............... I think we're a good match," he whispered, burying his head into his arms.

I smiled. "You do? Finally you said it! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to say that!" I hugged him tightly. He was still as frozen as ever.

"You wanted me to say that?"

"Of course!"

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank Din."

"Why? Were you worried that I didn't like you?"

"No, I just thought that with Sheik and all...."

"You thought I liked him better than I liked you? Oh my gosh, you're so paranoid. I've known him for three days! I've known you since I was three! Jeez! Besides," I added. "He was actually the one who made me talk to you about this."

His mouth formed an o. "Well. You learn something new every day."

"He can read my thoughts, you know."

"Yeah."

"So we're all cool about this? I can go talk with the Great Fairy without worrying about this anymore?"

"Um, I think so. Good luck."

I stood, ruffling his hair as I left. "Won't need it, but thanks. You're adorable."