Dark Link

Link's shadow turned to face me. And then it spoke.

"So you're Zelda," it said, its red eyes slitting. "I've waited a long time for you to come." It, sorry, he took a step towards me. I felt a pull bring me closer and closer to the black beast, and I struggled against it.

"Don't you dare touch her," Link growled.

Link's shadow smiled evilly. "But I thought she loved you. I am, after all, just your shadow."

I took a step backwards, but the pull dragged me to the shadow. The more I tried to escape it, the harder it fought.

My magic lashed out, a beam of ice shooting the ceiling of the cavern. It sprinkled some snow on us, but didn't do much else.

"Ah," the shadow said. "So you have felt the magic draining effect of the cavern. Your powers are useless here."

Link lunged at the shadow, who ducked out of the way, closer to me. He was within an arm's length now. If he reached out...

Finally the shadow slid his arm around my waist. His shadowy substance sent shivers down my spine. "I've got you now, my little princess..."

Link slashed at him again, but the shadow teleported, dragged me along with it. "Over here, hero," it taunted, pulling me closer until the only thing I could do was scream and thrash. He had me now and there was no escaping.

The shadow sheathed his shadow sword, holding me with both arms. He ran a cold hand under my chin, tracing my jaw. "No wonder he loves you so. You are quite a beauty..."

I was paralyzed, my legs frozen, my brain frazzled, my magic unresponsive.

"Let her go!" Link screamed, charging again and again. But every time the shadow teleported to a different location, with me in tow.

"Ah, but where's the fun in that? I need her, and I cannot simply let her go. This one, she's special." The shadow touched my forehead, leaving me feeling weak and dizzy. "Delicious. Now, Link, if you'll excuse us, we have somewhere we need to be. Good day, hero," he sneered. "Have fun telling the other you lost your lady."

When we teleported again, this time we reappeared in a grand throne room. I would've collapsed, but the shadow still held onto me tightly.

"Dark Link. And Lady Zelda. How wonderful."

Oh, I knew that voice. It was Ganondorf's voice, terrible and great.

"Until the ceremony, Dark, Zelda is yours. Her magic is gone, so she will not be able to escape. You are dismissed."

A pit formed in my stomach. I was nobody's, let alone this creeper's. And my magic didn't work, so nothing I did would keep me safe here. I was at the mercy of monsters.

Sheik? Sheik? Hello? Hello?! Not the connection! Well, I mean, it was magic too...

Dark Link and I teleported into another room, this time a bedroom. He shoved me onto the bed.

"I am a very busy man and do not have the time or energy to deal with you for now, so this bed will have to do. Bed! Do not let Zelda here move. But I don't want her dying, so let her breathe, that's fine. I will be back later. Ta ta!" Giving me a smug look and leaning in rather close, he got right in my face. "I do hope you enjoy your stay here at Ganondorf's castle. After all, we can't let you find the Triforce first, oh no. That would never work. Goodbye, Zelda."

He locked the door behind him as he walked out, leaving a rather distressed me trapped in bed. There was nothing I could do, no way to escape, no one coming for me. Link would try, but there was no way for him to get in. So I gave up thinking he might.

Link.... No wonder his shadow was so creepy. Link was everything I wanted. Kind, loyal, understanding... Dark Link was the opposite. Cold, cruel, and nasty. My heart throbbed. Now that we had actually kissed, I felt more of a connection with Link, a stronger one than I had ever felt before. I needed to get back to him. But how? The impossibility of that hope outweighed all other factors.

I was stuck, and there was no escape for me.