The Great Fairy

Hallelujah. That was finally over. Aren't you glad? Now you both know how you each feel. Yes, thank you, Sheik. I think you forgot to mention how you ended world hunger and promoted world peace. But I didn't.... Oh. Ha ha. Sarcasm is my favorite. I've been practicing.

Navi floated beside me as I entered the cave. "The Great Fairy is very excited to see you now that your powers have awoken," she chirped.

I smiled. "At least she's not dreading my visit."

Navi laughed. "Why would she dread visiting one of the most powerful magic users in Hyrule?"

"I don't know. Wait, one of the most powerful magic users in Hyrule?"

"Oh yes. Your skills rival her own."

"Really?"

"Absolutely."

Fancy that. You didn't know? Of course I didn't know! I've been loopy all freaking night okay? Cut me some slack. Okay. Tee tee why ell. Talk to you later? Oh, that's what that means. This is the twenty first century, Sheik. WAE. Way? No. We abbreviate everything. Duh. Sorry, not very tech savvy. S'all right. But for reals, talk to you later. Bye.

We entered a large room on the cave. A blue robbed fairy was floating around the room lazily, then her ears perked up and she smiles at me. "Welcome, Lady Zelda. I am the Great Fairy. Navi, you are dismissed."

"Thank you." Navi bobbed away.

The Great Fairy came to stand next to me. "How do you feel, Zelda?"

"Fine, I guess. Just a little weirded out from my cheesy dreams."

"Oh, yes. Er, that side effect was completely temporary, I assure you."

"Thank goodness."

She laughed. "You're going to need to practice if you want to reach your full magical potential. I will help you. Focus on me, and light my hair on fire."

"Wait, what?"

"Don't think I didn't hear those explosions you caused earlier."

"I was sneezing!"

"Fair enough. But at least try."

I glanced at her hair. It really was beautiful, I shouldn't just destroy it... Oh well. It burst into flames. Too late now.

The Great Fairy clapped. "Well done!" A stream of blue sparks shot out of her hand and into the fire, quenching it in seconds. "Now freeze it."

"Do I have to?" I asked, and soon her blue hair was encased in a block of ice.

"Now, for one last test. Make me fly again."

"Again? You were flying earlier!"

She shook her head sadly. "That was just my magic. I haven't flown in centuries. I'm asking you to heal my wings, so that I may be like my sisters again."

I nodded. Letting go of the magic inside of me, swirls and sparks flew from my fingertips and surrounded the Great Fairy. She was lifted off the ground in a flurry of magic.

"Great Fairy!" I called. "Are you alright?"

The storm of sparks stopped, and the Great Fairy flew to the ground with a sigh. "I'm fine."

She opened her dazzling pink wings, radiating light and happiness. She embraced me, my body tingling being close to so much magic.

"Thank you," she cried. "I knew you could do it."

The walls of the cavern shook as she let go.

"What is happening?" I asked nervously.

She patted my shoulder. "My life force is connected to the life force of the cave. By healing me, you have healed the cave." The rumbling stopped, and soon the cave went from dank and dreary to beautiful and awe inspiring. A pool filled the area behind the Triforce symbol, grass grew from the cracks in the floor, and sunlight poured through the stained glass ceiling.

I nearly fell over. "I did that?"

"Yes. You are clearly more powerful than anyone every thought."

"Now that my magic has been activated, can I contact my parents?"

"Yes. But do not do it here in the Gerudo Valley. Ganondorf's servants, Koume and Kotake, will be able to trace it. Even your using magic here was dangerous. You must leave now. You will have to journey to the Zora's Domain. Meet my sister there and she will help you. Go! Hurry!"

I nodded, turning and running out of the cave, using my magic to give myself a small boost. The fairies were huddled around Link and Sheik, making it hard for me to see them.

"Sheik! Link!" I panted. "We have to go now!"