What Is Going On?

The skulls disappeared instantly, leaving the hallway pitch black. Lovely. So I got on my hands and knees and crawled until I could see again.

I was standing at the edge of a large cave, overlooking a deep pool of water with a tower projecting out of the middle. It had several locked doors and unreachable floors. Large electrified manta rays floated around in the pool. A chest sat on the ground right next to me and I opened it. A small key.

Eerie music began playing. It sounded like a ghostly waterfall, but somehow more nerve wracking and intense.

Deciding that my best bet would be to try and jump across the pool, I gathered up all of my strength and got a running start. But just as I leapt, the scene shifted and I hit the ground in front of a huge stone statue. A broken sigh to the side read, "Stone Colossus".

That was weird. Why had it gone from skulls and darkness to water and manta rays to stone statues?

More music. I shivered. A small stream of light shot through a hole in the ceiling, illuminating the dusty room. Another chest was right by me and I opened it, revealing an odd looking shield. Well, at least I had something to use to protect myself in case of an emergency.

I took a step towards the stone colossus and was teleported again, into a clearing in front of the entrance to what looked like a temple. Two wolf like creatures were prowling the steps near the entrance, and I had no way to defeat them.

One noticed me and charged, knocking me off my feet and sending my shield flying. As he was about to swipe at me the scene shifted again and I was standing in a room filled with lava. I recognized the bomb flower plants around the room.

This time there was chanting. Loud, steady, harmonious chanting that bit into my mind and replaced any feeling I had with fear. My legs trembled. So far I had shifted scenes four times now. From skulls to water, to colossus to wolves, to lava. Interesting. There must be a pattern here....

Link?

Zelda? Are you okay?

I'm freaking out right now. I'm in a room filled with lava.

But I thought you were just in the skull room!

It keeps shifting and I don't know why!

Okay, okay, calm down. I think I know how to help. See any bombs nearby?

There's plenty of those.

Try blowing up the room.

What?! Are you crazy? Do you want me to die?

Well, you teleport every time you're in danger, correct?

Yes, but still....

Blow up the room, Zel. You'll be fine.

Alright, here goes nothing.

I picked up bomb after bomb, tossing them into the middle of the room effortlessly. One exploded, then another, and another, and....

I woke up in another bedroom, on the bed, which was apparently magical. I was held fast in place.

"You failed, little princess." Dark Link emerged out of the shadows of the room. "I honestly did not expect you to blow yourself up. Are you suicidal?"

"Just a little." I bit my lip. "What was wrong with your maze?"

He frowned, then smiled. "You were supposed to stay in the shadow dungeon portion of the maze. I don't know how you got into the water, spirit, forest, or fire dungeons. You have to pass each dungeon before going to the next..... Hum. You must've passed each one." His dark smile got wider. "But you failed the fire dungeon."

He stuck a finger under my chin and tilted my head up to look at him. "Which means you're mine."

Never had so few words caused me so much pain. "I'm not yours! I never was!"

"You were Link's, weren't you? Since I am just his shadow, I am still him. Therefore, you are his, as well as mine. I don't think he would mind if I played with you for a bit, do you?"

"Don't be on it. He's very possessive of me and I would hate to see you get your butt kicked by him. On second thought, never mind. I would like to see you get your butt kicked. That would be hysterical."

The bed tightened around me. "How ignorant. You know, we've already captured your friends."

"No... No! I don't believe you!"

"Why don't you ask him and see?"

No..... Not only have Link and Sheik been captured, they discovered our connection!

Link? Link? Wait. That's not my voice...