on business

**Edit complete** Let me know if you see any issues! Thank you! 

JASON P.O.V

It wasn't like me to mope around but it had been a couple of weeks and I was ready to get off my ass. Candice has been begging me to go to this business dinner with her in Texas and being the person that I am I agreed.

We were sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for our other guest to arrive so we could all leave together. "So what does this mean for us?" Candice asked. I had been hanging with her to pass the time but there was nothing sexual or special going on.

We were just good friends and that's all this would ever be. "What do you mean Candice?" I asked avoiding the question.

I was saved when her associates and a couple of people that knew came up to where we were. "So where we eating Boss" Rodney asked Bryan. "Well we're going to this nice little spot called Keegans Place or whatever. My wife loves it and it's delicious." Bryan said walking up to the cars that were waiting for us.

"Men in one car, ladies in another" Rodney said winking at his date he brought. "So Candice huh? I thought you were over that?" Rod said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Naa that was a long time ago. I'm on something else now. Just waiting to see her again that's all" I smirked at him. "Hmm is that right?" Bryan said smiling at me.

"You guys know Candice will never leave this lifestyle alon and that's exactly why we didn't work the first time around so I'd rather not waste my time with that idea" I said honestly. "I see I see" Clarence said finally joining our conversations. "Was that the Mrs.?" Rod asked.

"Now you know I can't keep that women off of me for long. That is my baby though" He smiled proudly. I knew what I felt for Keegan was weird because of the circumstances but I felt like it was right. I was just gonna give her time.

She was back in the city and I didn't wanna pressure her or bug her. "We're here" Bryan said hopping out of the car.

This building was just as beautiful as the one back home. It made me want to go to Keegan and say fuck the space but I knew her and I wanted her to want me like I wanted her. The staff greeted us immediately. I looked around as if Keegan would pop up out of nowhere but that wasn't the case.

"Looking for someone?" Candice came and grabbed my arm. "No Candice" I smirked and shook my head. I was indeed looking around for Keegan but I knew that those chances were very slim.

Candice was cool though, she was more like a friend to me and I had to let her know this was strictly a friendship. I wasn't in the business of leading people on that just wasn't my style.

We had finally been seated enjoying each other's company. Candice was practically sitting on my lap with her closeness. We were laughing and joking together. Bryan and Rod along with their wives enjoyed their time and most importantly the food.

The waitress came back and Bryan said something to her but I wasn't paying much attention. Rod had said something funny that had me and Candice laughing. This bunch was good company but I knew that if I wanted to hang around them Candace would be there too, which was unfortunate.

I couldn't help how much I was laughing and at some point Candace began clinging to my arm. I tried to smoothly remove her arm as we continued to laugh but she wouldn't budge. Then it was like my ears perked up at the sound of a voice.

I immediately stopped what I was doing and looked around. You've got to be shitting me. I had to blink a couple of times because I couldn't believe she was actually here. My Lovebug. My Keegan was actually standing at the end of the table.