then there was nothing

I rolled over and looked at the alarm, it read 6:20 am.

I always woke up much earlier than my alarm clock. I was that excited to set up and get things ready for my staff.

This was the location I currently worked at until I went to my next stop in Chicago. I had a few set up in different states. I tried to visit as many spots as possible and connect with my employees and the customers.

I had more to come in Texas. Chicago. Connecticut. Virginia and many more places. I was ready to be international and be known for my great restaurants. 

I was probably one of the youngest to open up a chain of restaurants and I loved it. Culinary arts was my life. I don't know what I would have done without my love for food.

I can't even begin to explain my love for food and my love for the people working with me. If it weren't for the people who supported me I don't know what I would do. 

My brother was actually running the one in Chicago at the moment and we've been keeping in touch for the most part. Everything has been running smooth for the most part and the employees were perfect. 

My brother is 3 years older than me and he supported my dream. My parents on the other hand were big shot lawyers and they didn't like my career path.

Now imagine how happy they are that I had chains of restaurants everywhere and I did it on my own. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. 

My brother Kenneth was a business major so he was another reason I've been able to open up everywhere. He was also a minor in Architecture so he was a lot of help to with where exactly to put my restaurants and what were the perfect designs. 

He was a busy man. He was now married with two beautiful girls and one handsome boy. My nieces and nephew. Although we rarely visit each other we never missed a facetime call to one another throughout the day.

I was now dressed as I hopped out of the shower and began to do my morning routine. Brush my teeth. Comb my hair. Apply on makeup. Get lotioned up and smelling good. Dress.

I stared at my figure in the mirror. Yup I see you girl. I laughed as I did a little dance.  I was pretty much in shape and had curves here and there. I was now putting on my blacks slacks. God I loved these comfortable slacks. I put on my light grey blouse and my black 3 inch heels.

I grabbed my keys and was out the door. I literally skip breakfast just to get to the restaurant.

Arriving at the restaurant, I unlocked the doors and everything looked new. Just like I left it last night. I flicked the lights on so there would be a little light.

It was now 8am as my employees walked through the door. I knew each and every one of their names and it took such a short time to do so. I wanted to connect with them and know who was working for and with me.

I always kept in friendly here so that there would be no problems and since then everyone seemed to have liked it here. I won't lie at first it was rough but things have come together quite nicely.

"Hey Ms. James" Elliot said walking towards me. "Please. Call me Keegan for the last time" I said smiling. Elliot was nice and he was one of my first employees. He was in some bad business before but I saw that he was a good person and decided to hire him.

He was a sweet guy that had rough edges but ever since he started working here he's been better. When I first looked into those beautiful green eyes I wanted to hire him on the spot. He would definitely keep the female customers coming back. That was just a bonus.

"I was wondering if I could get the next Tuesday and Wednesday off. I have an important appointment to go to" He said smiling. "Yeah sure. I'll find someone to cover you" I responded. "Great. Thank you" He said walking off.