Drowning

There is something beautiful about drowning. It is the perfect balance of acceptance and denial, of submission and dominance, of hopelessness and hopefulness. Yes there is something beautiful about drowning.

 The darkness that encompasses her body is comforting. It pushes on her, weighs down her arms and legs, pushes on her head and threads itself through her hair. Its peaceful and quiet, so very quiet and soon she's caged. She's fine she thinks as the body she resides in walks through the camp on a bright, sunny, cloudless day. She is okay, she thinks as it examines the flowers which sprang up around camp with a small peaceful smile.

The body turns as a name, her name she realizes a little to late, filters through the bodies ears.  She smiles at the blond haired boy as he runs towards it. The body opens its mouth and a sound falls from it. She hears things called words being created and a distant sound she blearily recognizes as laughter. 

The boy (his name comes to her soon, Malcolm and she congratulates herself for remembering) ask her about the flowers and it shakes its head instead leaning down to grab one of its hands twirling it around its fingers. It hands the flower to Malcolm with an off handed remark on how it had never seen a flower like this but its beautiful.

Beautiful she lets the word fill her for only a moment before a feeling over takes her. A feeling of wrongness and she can't help but believe that beautiful is the wrong word for the flowers scattered across the camp ground. The word is wrong, the flowers are not beautiful but something else entirely yet what they are escapes her. 

The thing bids goodbye to Malcolm as it walks off towards the clanging noise in the distance. Malcolm calls after the thing asking if it had heard from Percy lately. Percy, the name stirs something in her and she is unhappy. A feeling bubbles up through her. It's warm, then hot, then it burns. It burns through her very core and its bright. Is blinding and it hurts. It burns, and blinds, and is painful as it pushes its way past the darkness shining its unwanted light down on every bit of darkness that surrounds her.

As quickly the feeling appears it is snuffed out by the darkness and the burning is replaced by a cold feeling of peace. No longer is she surrounded by silence as a whispering voice flows around the darkness and her. It cradles her and calms her like a mother would for its newborn babe. She feels something disappear from deep inside her before she relaxes once more content to watch the monster as it makes its way around camp. 

The monster touches the flowers from time to time telling them to spread their roots deeper, so deep that when the time comes it will shake the foundations of Camp Half-Blood. She drifts back to the word beautiful once more thinking how the monster and the boy (what was his name again) described it as beautiful and she feels gleeful as she figured out a way to describe the flowers now.

Sinister.

There is something magical about drowning as you struggle to push yourself closer to air but are constantly pulled deeper and deeper downward. There something magical about the struggle against the elements and everything they are. Something beautiful about the feeling of your lungs being filled with something other than oxygen. Something beautiful about how your body grows colder as time moves on. Yet still there's something terrifying about what happens after you drown and no one was there to save you.

Well there it is the end of another Annabeth chapter. I don't know if you noticed but the Annabeth chapters will always be relatively short and packed with symbolism an foreshadowing (most of my chapters are and I don't know if everyone spotted it) 

Oh I know lets play a game try and guess what exactly was symbolism and what was foreshadowing in this chapter and I'll tell you how many of you got it and what you got right in the next chapter

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A LOT LIGHTER THAN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS I SWEAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LAUGH (hopefully I'm not sure if I'm all that funny) AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT INVOLVE TAILS AND THE ARISTOCATS MOVIE ALONG WITH ROMANCE DUN-DUN DUN (not for Percy though sorry Percy,                                                                                                                           Percy Jackson: its cool                                                                                                                                                 Me: whoa what the what) BUT NEXT CHAPTER THEY GO TO CLASSES YAY I hope your ready to have fun because I sure have a lot planned for their classes as they go on (thats a lie) *rubs hands together evilly as they stare at the keyboard* 

 Anyways this had a total of 614 words and was published on July 14, 2017 at 3:32 am and please for the love of all things holy comment and vote it seriously helps. ALOT I know its hard but I really wanna talk to you guys and hear your opinions and theories (and know if anyone actually makes it this far in to the book)

 I also have a new original story on here called Assassin's Target (which I believe I have talked about before) and I would really appreciate if some of you read it because I wanna  kinda maybe get it published one day in the future so I would love your criticism/ encouragement on the story. The prologue is up so go give it a read and tell me what you think.