''This better not be a first date or I'll dump you faster that you can say fudge monkeys.'' I tease, looking up at him with a smile.

''Oh, well this is all I came up with for a first date, I thought you liked this place so...'' He trails off seriously, a frown on his face when I push him away, my jaw dropping.

I stare up at him, sighing in relief when he starts chuckling a second later, assuring me that he's only joking. Rolling my eyes, I walk ahead of him and pull open the door. He comes up behind me and joins the queue, his hand slipping into the back pocket of my jeans. I look up at him with a raised brow to which he winks in reply before leaning down to peck my lips once more.

He has been doing that a lot lately. Ever since he found out that I have a tendency to turn into a tomato at anything intimate, he has started to tease me every day. Not that I mind, I like the sudden affection from the once serious man. Shaking my head, I come back down to Earth and step forward, waiting for the boys in front to order.

''Tell me what you want and I'll get it while you find a table.''

I frown up at the menu ahead whilst taking out my purse. I choose what I want, holding the money out to him, only for him to look down at me unimpressed before stuffing it back into my purse. 

''Go find a table.''

''But -''

I'm cut off when he leans down to murmur in my ear. ''I have more than enough to provide for you. You're crazy if you think I'll let my mate pay.''

Gulping nervously at our closeness, I watch him pull away and nod in the direction where people sit at tables, digging into their food. Sighing, I nod before walking away to find a table. It's always packed after school so it's a miracle when I find one with window seats. Placing my purse and phone on the table, I smile at the kid staring at me from his high chair.

I make funny faces at him whenever his parents look away, chuckling when he giggles and claps his hands. Vulcan returns with a tray of food just as I stick my tongue out at the baby and focus both my eyes on my nose, my surroundings blurring before I grin at the brown-eyed baby cheekily.

I turn back to see Vulcan staring at me with a soft smile that I rarely see, an unreadable expression on his face. He shakes his head when I mouth 'what?' and places my food in front of me. My mouth waters as the aroma wafts up my nose. Opening the box, I dig in to the heaven that is also known as a burger.

After we have eaten and exited the restaurant, we are back on the road again, on the way home. I'm too busy trying to beat my high score in a game so naturally, I ignore Vulcan calling my name until he pokes me in the side. Shrieking in surprise, I whirl around to glare at him, holding my phone in his face when he stops at a red light to show him that I have died. He rolls his eyes before accelerating when the traffic light switches to green.

"I can't talk to you all the time, you know? The gaming world needs me and I intend to not disappoint." I smirk cheekily when he scoffs, shaking his head.

"I wanted to tell you that we will be training more intensely from now on, every single day and no breaks like we've been taking." He replies, eyes hardening with a scowl appearing on his lips.

I make a noise of confusion, shooting him a questioning gaze. "Is something wrong?"

He sighs and takes my hand, intertwining our fingers. I caress the calloused skin of his hand, knowing he is close to losing his temper at the moment. 

"A war is coming. Some vampires still want me to rule over them and Julius being crowned as their new king did nothing but anger them more."

A feeling of dread spreads through me. A war. A fight is going to occur in the near future and Vulcan will be in the midst of it. That knowledge does not sit right with me. Why can't those vampires just accept Julius as their king; he is the rightful heir after all. They're acting like spoiled brats who won't take no for an answer and it's seriously starting to piss me off. Because of them, Vulcan can end up hurt.