Chapter 3: Giant Owl Blueprints

It was a good ten minutes before anyone spoke, Percy sitting there wondering if his story was good enough, Pepper thinking that maybe she should have not had the interview today, and Tony thinking that he should have kept his stupid mouth shut. He may be a genius but today he was not smart.

So, I think Tony will agree that, from what you have told us I think that if we could just test you skills then everything will be in order, and both you and Annabeth will have jobs here at Stark Industries. Pepper had not even realized she made the decision to bring both of these kids on to her team until the words came out of her mouth. Percy was very excited that she accepted his story. And was very happy that the demigods would soon both have jobs.

Pepper looked to Tony, and said, This may seem a little drastic Tony, but would you call Natasha or Clint and see if they could meet us here? I think from what I have heard Percy is as good a fighter as those two. Tony looked at Pepper with wide eyes. Was she serious?

He voices his thoughts but Pepper only narrowed her eyes at him, glancing over to the young boy sitting across from them. She looked him over and nodded.

Tony houghed out a breath and thought for a second. Natasha and Clint were his friends from the Avengers and they were both SHIELDs ( Strategic Homeland Intervention and Enforcement Logistics Division) top agents, only below a few of the leaders. SHIELD was a secret government agency that had recruited Tony a few years back when he announced himself as Iron Man. They were crazy dangerous and were both trained to fight from a young age. Not many people even know where the two are from, or even how they met. He was about to voice his hesitation to Pepper, but she gave him a look that told Tony if he wanted to stay as the inventor for Stark Industries he should do as he is told.

If you are sure, I can try and contact them. But it wont be easy. They might be out on a you-know-what. Tony looked down at his phone and began to type.

Hey Natasha, its Tony, long time no talk, even though I saw you this morning. I dont know when you or Clint plan on moving into the newly renamed Avengers Tower- Tony remembered that he would have to tell Pepper about that as soon as he could - but Pepper is asking that you come a have a fight with this kid she wants to hire as her bodyguard. If you see Clint pass the message along, but Ill text him too. Waiting for you answer, please get back to me soon I dont want to make Pepper more mad at me than she already is. Send. Tony knew Natasha would smirk when she read the text, copied it over again and sent it to Clint. He hoped he would have an answer very soon.

Done, I sent them the text Pepper but I dont know how long- Tony was interrupted by a noise that strangely sounded like an arrow whizzing by. Percy flinched a little bit, quickly connecting that it was not a real arrow. Seconds later a sound like a gunshot went off and Pepper jumped in her seat.

Sorry, Muttered Tony. He looked down at his phone and read the same reply from both of his friends, NOW. Oh good God. Pepper they are already on their way, and I know that this is a really bad time to tell you that Stark Tower is going to become Avengers Tower, orders directly from Eyepatch Pepper smiled at the nickname Tony just gave to the powerful and dangerous director the SHIELD Nick Fury. She gave Tony another glare about the Tower, gave a groan about how much damage they are going to cause, then sat straight thinking about how two super spies were on their way to her now. She looked at Percy, with a doubtful expression, and when he smiled back at her she knew what she made the right choice. If Percy went through a family Mafia, then he could deal with a fight with Natasha or Clint. Even if he lost, which she expected him too, even just to last for a short while and Percy would have the job.

So I dont really know what just happened here but you guys are asking me to fight someone right? Are they good? Percy had again sat for too long and was losing patience, no matter how much he needed this job, he still needed action. He thought about Annabeth sitting out in the hall, waiting with the same anticipation he was. But she didnt know that he was going to have to fight someone. He just hoped nobody would get hurt. Tony laughed, and Pepper looked amused and Tony.