Chapter 2: Our Mafia Family

So, it says here that you are 17, is that correct? Annabeth nodded.

Well I am almost 18, my birthday is in a few months Annabeth didnt want them thinking she was skipping school or that she was too young. That could affect the chances of her getting this job. She just hoped that Percy had enough sense in him to say the same thing.

Thats a little young for being an intern. It also says here that you didnt graduate high school, that could be a problem for us. Annabeth didnt know what she was thinking, she should have expected them to ask about her schooling and education.

While that is true, Ms. Potts, my father is a Professor in American and Natural History, and my mother is a brilliant scientist who should have won the Nobel Prize had she been accepting of all the following publicity. My parents are practically super geniuses, and while I dont have a formal education I am well studied in most areas of expertise, especially history and engineering. Annabeth thought that she had come up with a good enough answer. What she said was not a lie. Her mother Lady Athena certainly could have won the Nobel Prize, except for the fact that she would have been the one to invent the Prize itself, and maybe her dad had not really taught her he was still very smart and did teach history. She was very good in everything, but that was the benefit of being a child of Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom.

We normally would like college graduates or doctors, but if you can convince me that you are up to working with Tony Stark and all of Stark Industries Scientists then the job is yours. Annabeth swelled with relief. She had not known how well her explanation would go over. At the mention of his name Tony Stark looked to Pepper Potts who was looking at Annabeth who was looking at him.

He nodded his head and said, Whatever you can show me, He leaned over to look at the file, Annabeth, will let me know if you have the right qualifications. Annabeth felt her face beginning to glow, and she knew somewhere out there her mother was with her, even if they are on somewhat uneven grounds. She began to talk to Mr. Stark about all that she had even known about engineering and anything she could relate to his lifes work was a bonus.

Outside in the hall Percy was getting kind of restless. Annabeth had only been in with Pepper Potts for less than ten minutes before a man who he had recognized as Tony Stark, also a mortal superhero, barged in on the meeting. He stood up to stop him, and as the secretary was starting to shout at Tony Stark, both she and Percy saw Pepper Potts stumbling her way over to the door, a look of shock and wild emotion on her face. Pepper Potts slapped Tony Stark and then pulled him in for a very deep kiss. They kissed for a very long time and Percy and Annabeth shared a knowing look from over the shoulders of the couple. He knew that Annabeth was thinking about how they were reunited in Camp Jupiter, a camp for Roman demigods. When the two people kissing broke apart Pepper Potts said something to Annabeth, Annabeth said something back to her and then the kissing couple moved to sit down on the other side of the room. Percy moved towards the door as Annabeth moved to close it. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and whispered to him how she felt that after all the grief that Tony Stark cause Pepper Potts, a judo flip would have been much better. Percy blushed, the door was slammed in his face, the secretary shook out of her stupor, and told Percy that it was not time for him to go in yet. That had been twenty minutes ago and Percy was officially ready to just forget about the job and leave. As he sat there weighing the pros and cons of leaving and what Annabeth would say, the door to the interview room opened and out came Tony Stark and Annabeth in deep conversation with a lot of big words that Percy became sure it wasnt English.

Well Annabeth, I think that you most definitely have what it takes to work with me. I look forward to it! Annabeth blushed and shook Tony Stark's hand so firmly he winced. Percy smiled at his Wise Girl and waited for Tony Stark to walk away. Annabeth came up to him smiling so wide he knew that this was the right choice. To get jobs in the mortal world.