Chapter 1: Tight Uncomfortable Suit

So remind me again what we are doing here? Percy asked his blonde girlfriend, sitting next to him in a nice grey dress suit. He, himself, was also in a suit.

She looked at him with irritation evident in her eyes, Percy! she said, I have already explained this to you. I was offered an internship here and I looked into it and the lady that I am going to speak with also needs a bodyguard. So I wrote your name down on an application.

Oh! Right! Wait, Im supposed to be a bodyguard in this tight and uncomfortable suit? Percy had a look of horror on his face. Annabeth smirked. He looked into her eyes, and knew that even though this was a long shot, working alongside his beautiful girlfriend would be amazing. Okay, point taken. He looked back as he heard the whoosh of the automatic sliding doors they had walked through only 20 minutes before.

A pretty young woman with orange hair that had nothing on his friends Rachel Elizabeth Dare, walked down the hallway towards them. Rachel's hair looks like fire, but this woman had soft orange hair, like the beginnings of a sunset. This lady was also wearing business attire. Clearly she was the one they were both having interviews with. Her name was Pepper Potts, and she was the CEO of Stark industries. She looked nice enough, and smiled at the teens when she passed. She walked to the secretary sitting across from Annabeth and Percy, mumbled something to her, looked back at the couple, and then went through the fancy door behind the desk.

Ms. Potts will be ready for you in a few minutes, but she said that when the time comes she would like to see Miss Annabeth Chase first. The secretary looked back at the door and then at Annabeth, and said She is now ready Ms. Chase. Annabeth stood up and looked back at Percy.

Wish me luck! Percy looked up at her from his seat.

Wise Girl! If there was anyone who needs luck it's me! Youve got this in the bag! The encouraging words seemed to work wonders because she smiled widely at her boyfriend and turned around, walking very proudly to the door, knocking before she went in. She flashed her boyfriend another beautiful smile and walked into the room. Officially beginning her interview to work as a intern at Stark Enterprises. Percy could only look on in anticipation, wondering what they were talking about and what his interview would comprise of.

Annabeth knocked on the door ready to begin her interview. She stood for a second with her hand on the doorknob, she turned back to Percy - flashed him an excited smile, and opened the door. The room was a lot smaller than she had anticipated, with a small four person table in the center. The walls were grey and about two feet above the floor, the grey walls turned to large windows. Annabeth thought that as the official architect of Olympus, the home of the Greek Gods, they were beautiful and planned to incorporate them into her next plans for the Palace of the Gods. She noticed that she was still standing the doorway, quickly turned to close the door and caught a fleeting glimpse of her boyfriend sitting in the seat across the hall looking slightly nervous. She smiled and with a slight blush on her face she took a seat across from Pepper Potts, the lady who was going to decide the rest of her mortal career, seeing as she was already well known in the world of Greek Mythology and among every monster the world has seen. She figured this job would be a good thing for both her and Percy, because of their life as the pawns of the Fates and the Gods. She looked at Ms. Potts and smiled. Ms. Potts smiled back.

So Annabeth is it? Annabeth nodded, As you may already know, I am Pepper Potts, the CEO of Stark Industries, and currently since Tony Stark is working with the Avengers, whom you also may know, I am also currently running the entire company. Ms. Potts gave a nervous chuckle, and before she could continue Annabeth spoke.

Excuse me Ms. Potts, but I think you are doing wonderfully, if you dont mind me saying. Annabeth smiled at Ms. Potts. Ms. Potts gave another small laugh, but to Annabeth it almost sounded strangled.