Chapter 37

*Dee's POV*

I stared down at the text from my RyBear, my heard dropping to the pit of my stomach as I sat driven in shock and fear for my best friend. It took me about a half hour to snap myself out of it before I grabbed my keys and stuffed my phone and wallet into my purse, running out to the car and speeding the hour drive to Chris and Hayden's house. When I arrived, I didn't bother knocking. I barged in and searched the downstairs before I went upstairs. I heard sobbing in the bathroom and knocked on the door lightly. It opened a few moments later and I was met with one one I barely recognized. Hayden stared at me in fear as she realized she didn't have anything covering her bruises anymore since she had taken a shower after Chris left. I stared at the woman before me, in nothing but Sofie shorts and a tank top. I stared at the marks all over her, feeling my heard break for her. No wonder she hasn't been around. I looked into her eyes and the Hayden I knew was no longer there. All I could see in her now full eyes was pain and fear. She was fading away and I could see it. I stepped to her as the tears in her eyes spilled once again and pulled her gently into my arms as a sob wracked through her body and escaped her quivering lips as she clung to me. I didn't know what to do other than hold her so that's what I did until she fell asleep in my arms. I struggled but managed to pick her up and carried her to her room, laying her under the covers before I went to check on Riley. I knocked on his door softly and he peeked his head out a few moments later, his eyes going wide when he saw me. "Aunt Dee!" He said excitedly as he pulled the door open all the way and hugged my legs tightly. I smiled softly at him before I bent down and hugged him. "How're you doing, champ?" I asked and he shrugged, playing with them hem at the bottom of his shirt. "Riley, I need to talk to you about something." I said after a moment and he looked at me. "What's been going on here? Between your mom and dad." I asked and he looked down as his lip began to quiver. "He hits us." He said in a small shaky voice. It took me a moment but I realized he said 'us', not 'her'. "Oh my god.." I murmured in disbelief. He hugged my neck tightly as he cried and I held onto him, picking him up and holding him on my hip. "Shhh, it's ok, Riley. It's going to be ok. I'm here. Uncle Ryan and uncle Vinny and I are going to help you and your mommy. I promise." I whispered as I hugged him and rubbed his back soothingly. I carried his downstairs and to the kitchen, setting him in the counter as he calmed down a little, wiping at his eyes and sniffling. I looked through the kitchen until I found the candy and grabbed him a pack of gummies, handing them to him and grabbing him a soda from the fridge. "Can you do me a favor and go up to or room and pack your clothes into some bags? Same with anything else you want to take with you." I told him and he nodded. "Where are we going?" He asks dans I smiled softly. I'm taking you and mommy to mine and uncle Ryan's house. You're going to stay with me for a bit." I told him and he grinned at me. "Yay!" He screeched, running off up to his room. I felt my smile fade as he left my eyesight. I leant back against the counter as I pulled my phone out and texted Ryan.

Dee: hey, I'm at Chris and Hayden's. She is sleeping but I'm packing her things and I told Riley to pack his. I'm having them stay at the house for a bit. When you guys get off tour, we will figure something else out.

Ryan: that is fine baby. Is Vinny right? Is he beating her?

Dee: not just her...

Ryan: Riley too?

Dee: yes... please don't tell anyone else and tell Vinny not to either. No one needs to know. It can't get to Chris any of us know. When you guys get home, Riley and Hayden won't be at their house and he will not know where they are...

Ryan: ok baby. Tell Hayden we love her and it's going to get better and be ok. I have to go. Chris is coming. Love you babygirl. Will call tonight ok?

Dee: ok. Don't do anything stupid. I know he's a dick bit please just act like yourself and Vinny needs to do the same. I love you.

I put my phone back into my locked as I sighed, wiping the few stray tears that fell from my eyes. I looked around the kitchen a bit before I started cleaning the house up. When I finished, I went upstairs and packed Hayden's things before I helped Riley finish packing his and put everything in my car before waking Hayden up. "Come on, babygirl. We're getting you out of here." I told her as she blinked at me. She got up silently and slipped on a pair of flip flops that were beside the bed without a word and went to Riley's about to be old room and pushed the bed out of the way. She grabbed a small book bag he had left amongst a few there in the closet before she knelt on the floor where the bed had been and moved a piece of the wood floor, stuffing stuff into the book bag before she put the piece of flooring back and moved the bed back into its place before going downstairs. I followed her as she went into Chris' office/music room and opened one of the drawers of his desk, revealing a safe. I watched as she did the combination before pulling it open to reveal a bunch of cash and a few other things. She stuffed them into the bag as well before she closed the safe and spun the dial to lock it, closing the drawer after. She then set the book bag on the desk and zipped it up, looking at me. "Are we coming back to get mine and Riley's things?" I smiled softly at her. "Why're already packed and in the car." I told her and she nodded, grabbing the book bag as we left the room. She took a couple keys off her key ring and left them on the table by the door, along with her phone before we went outside. "Follow me. I'm going to sell my car back to the dealership." She mumbled and I nodded as I went to my car and she took Riley to hers.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!! 👀 ~Riley